• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

wanted 9 - 12 L corny keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pintofhops

Reaction score
After a good condition used 9 - 12l corny keg. Sydney area preferable or at least reasonable postage. I know they are cheap to buy from some HB sites, but I can't have my wife seeing another $100 spend on HB just yet.

pintofhops said:
After a good condition used 9 - 12l corny keg. Sydney area preferable or at least reasonable postage. I know they are cheap to buy from some HB sites, but I can't have my wife seeing another $100 spend on HB just yet.
The issue is th 9ltr corny is the same $$ or more expensive than the "cheap" chinese new 9ltrs.

A 2nd hand 9ltr corny "cheap" will be about $80 and expensive will be about $120, so it's about $100.

WarmBeer said:
He didn't say he actually wants to buy it off somebody. He just wants it.
see what happens when I assume, I made an ase of u and me

I hate it you guys misinterpret stuff on here....

It is clear that OP is after nine 12l kegs.

AND .... he wants his wife to go blind.

TBH: if you're not willing to part with that $100 I really doubt you will get what you are after. 9-12L cornys are hard to come by (for a good one) and even harder at a respectable price. lol, unless you specifically need this size, the 19L ones are actually cheaper and you'd be better off getting one of these..... if you only want half batches then only half fill the keg. However, at some stage if you are into kegging I guarantee you will want more than a small corny anyway.

Hi
I too would like a couple of 9 litre cornys. I have 1 and had to buy another larger one to but is in good nic. I would pay $100 for them, problem is finding any of them. I have plenty of 19s but for splitting a brew or trial brews or the brew for wife etc they can be very handy.
i have seen the Chinese ones and t
Hey just do not measure up. I would think some one is making plenty of markup on these, so why not make a better product?

I see the Italian made good ones on some web sites but for silly prices.

Where can I look for these good ones second hand?

Maybe a bulk buy from Europe or USA.

Thanks
James

Awesome. Lots of replies in no time.

I suspect both Beer God and Beer Snob are right in that there isn't much difference in a new one verse a quality used one. I posted in hope that maybe some brewer that started half batching like me, decided to move onto 19L cornys and had an old 9L one lying around that they would part with at a reasonable price (for the buyer ;) ) as part of Spring Clean up. I've got one, but have found that one is no where near enough.

Yep I do wish that my current half batches were scaled up to full batches - well for the good brews anyway. Unfortunately, I live in a wee one bedroom apartment with my (currently happy) wife. So, I'd like to keep her on the beer appreciation program rather than the I-can't-paint-my-fingernails-you've-got-too-much-brew-equipment program. So it's small bar fridge, small tun, small fermenter, small CO2, and small kegs for me.

So, unless the half batcher that has moved on exists, I'll stick to the occasional full batch and half bottles for a few months. Then pull the I got new 9L kegs from Santa at Xmas.

Ive been wanting one of these so I have the flexibility to fully keg various sized batches without much leftover. I saw some at a BABB's meeting for sale for a very reasonable price...

Keep your eyes on worldwide ebay. there were a few bulk buys from Germany a couple years ago. ~$70-80 each roughly. I wouldnt bother with the chinese new ones. Not great quality. i use mine for parties at other peoples house... with a keg charger... bit bulky carting a 19l lol

Back