Wa Aka Sandgropers Xmas Case Swap 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will not say no to those that want to bring along a keg.

Belt sanded the top and now need to do a little tidying up, puttying the holes and then it's ready for the first coat. Hardest bit will be cleaning up all the dust in the bar due to the belt sander - it's on everything.

I'll should be able knock up a keg for us all by then.

Any requests?
Do you want Blondes, Reds, Bruenetts or blacks?
...Beers not strippers!

i have family function on saturday :(. I still want to swap some beers and get some feed back.

I may have to make some arrangements with someone if it goes ahead on saturday the 1oth

James do a red as I am doing a wheat cbrown what about food mate

SO am I right in thinking we still dont ahve the date set?
Jimboley I woudl take a box of bottles, but do I need to coem to pt kennedy to get them?

I'm leaning towards Sunday so Evil G (my brother) is available and would also mean fish13 can make it as well. If nobody has plans for the Sunday we could make it then. Might also keep me out of the dog house as being on sunday would reduce the likelihood of it being a massive piss up.

Sweet i am im :)

the brew is a dark english bitter ale. just had a sip while doing a SG and wow the bitterness hits you like the smile on Miranda kerrs face.

Mother in law to be's 60th birthday is on sunday :-(
wil try to arrange dropping off the case b4 hand. just checked on the swap beer yeast has been crawling out of the fermenter

SO am I right in thinking we still dont ahve the date set?
Jimboley I woudl take a box of bottles, but do I need to coem to pt kennedy to get them?

I can meet you at the shop still.
I work 9-3 most weekdays just around the corner from the shop.
Arrange a time via PM.

we all bring a plate and the host puts on the main lunch but I think we should all chip in some coin for cbrown as he is giving up his house all us miss fits

I think I can rustle up some food to chuck on the bbq - chicken wings, lamb chops and snags sound ok?

Sounds like a plan!

SHould we bring a plate with ours beers?

Only if the plate has some food on it! There's only 2.5wks to go so can everyone please confirm what beers you'll be swapping and if you are just coming for the swap part or will also be eating. Do people prefer a kick off around 12 with a later lunch or kick off around 2 with snacks in the arvo and an early dinner? Also add to the list if you plan to bring a keg so I know what space I need in the keezer or ice for the esky. I'll have the American Brown Ale, American Pale Ale and Aussie Pale Ale on tap in the bar. I will have the PET CPBF set up if anyone needs to do some bottle fills on the day.

If you are unable to attend the swap, but still want to participate, let me know and we can work out the best time to drop off the beers and then collect your swap case.

Make sure all your swap bottles are clearly labelled with AHB name, beer style, abv. If it's a fresh beer that should be conditioned first also put that on the label.

1. Jimboley- confirmed, rad dry stout.
2. keifer33 - confirmed (probably something infected)
3. cdbrown - confirmed american brown ale 5.9%
4. sinkas - confirmed
5. Bizier
6. spoonta - english pale ale
7. Evil G - confirmed (T.B.A. maybe some type of lager or possibly a Bees Knees?)
8. jyo- confirmed- saaz blonde
9. Mikey - even if i cant make it am keen to do a swap - confirmed belgium blonde
10. biggo - confirmed - Braggot or Pale ale
11. NME - confirmed (dunno yet!)
12. Fodder (?)
13. markymoo - Red Ale that works
14. Fish13 - dark english bitter ale
15. Edge

Bar is complete as shown in the bar room design link in my sig. I am yet to hook up the taps (fosters has a leak between the beer line and flooded lines somewhere in the font (hoping it's just at the back of the tap), heineken tap needs to be tightened to the font. But I plan to have the 5 taps available and 2 picnic taps. Beer engines won't be up and running I don't think. Still have plenty of cleaning to do in the room which I hope to get done this weekend, then I'll mount the 51" plasma (which I haven't purchased) and get the arcade machine working correctly. Need to get an antenna and put that up as well but may just use an indoor one.

I recon around 2 would be a brilliant time to start as there is UFC in the morning :p. I have started a fresh list just for everyone to confirm their attendance and what they are swapping so everyone can plan accordingly.

1. Jimboley -
2. keifer33 - Attending Swap. - 10 Min IPA
3. cdbrown - Swap Hoster. - American Brown
4. sinkas -
5. Bizier -
6. spoonta -
7. Evil G -
8. jyo -
9. Mikey -
10. biggo -
11. NME -
12. Fodder -
13. markymoo -
14. Fish13 -
15. Edge -

I am happy to take the reins on organising to actually swap all the beers. Labeling them with your AHB nickname and your real name cause its a nightmare to work out who everyone is...maybe we can have some name tags on the day aswell to make identification possible.

I am happy to take the reins on organising to actually swap all the beers. Labeling them with your AHB nickname and your real name cause its a nightmare to work out who everyone is...maybe we can have some name tags on the day aswell to make identification possible.

Good idea - I have big trouble in remembering peoples names at the best of times. Will pick up a packet of sticky labels which can be used for name tags. So please people, make sure to label the bottles with both names.

As people confirm I'll PM the address and contact details.

Latest posts

Back