• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

W.T.Swap (melb): 6kg KK gas bottle for 6.8kg mykegonlegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WE5TY

Reaction score
Hi all,

A while back I made the not so good decision of swapping my mykegonlegs gas cylinder for a KK cylinder at the LHBS near me - I ran out of gas and needed beer in me quick!

I didn't realise at the time that I couldn't swap a large KK cylinder at grain & grape, and I would need to swap it at Keg King in dandenong (a leisurely 100km drive each way from my place)... And I can't swap it back for the original at the LHBS.

I could pay the $80!!! for an exchange at the dodgy LHBS but I'm not interested in supporting him anymore.

Is there anyone out there that would be interested to swap a 6kg keg king cylinder for a 6.8kg mykegonlegs cylinder? I realise there is a size difference and would be happy to pay the difference in beer or cash.

Cheers

I'd suggest you try to do just one more swap to get a MKOL back. If it hurts that much to give him $80 it'll hurt a lot more $ to find someone else looking to trade back with around $150 difference between the two.

My suggestion would be to go back 1 more time for the next swap.

Not sure were you live but the brew barn in hoppers crossing fills Kk bottles. They may have been the ones who swapped in the first place though.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I'll check out brew barn in hoppers - do they exchange or fill?

I have tried to exchange back 3 times - the last time I was there the guy told me he only had old boc co2 cylinders & when I told him I would just drive to keg king he magically found a keg king one out the back. After repeated dealings the customer clearly doesn't come first - I would rather give my hard earned cash to people that care about making good beer and want to help their customers out!

I will probably just buy a 2.6kg backup - and get down to keg king and exchange when the big one runs out.

Latest posts

Back