VICBREW 2017

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hows it all going boys?

Good luck to all the entrants and hats of to Judges, stewards, organisers et el.

Cruising into the finish. Just about to have lunch myself.

Anyone wanting to attend the presentation should probably get a wriggle on. We'll be done in a couple of hours.

Was a great day yesterday, thoroughly enjoyed stewarding and not having to spend 8 hours ice bath chilling hot glasses this year. Plastic cups FTW!

Looking forward to seeing the results, will they be posted here this afternoon in terms of category winners etc?

Sit tight on the results, guys. We got a couple of tied places for the Major prizes, so rather than announce something & then have to disappoint folks, give us 24 Hrs to get it right. Then everything will be revealed (such a tease, I know, but better this way).:cheers:

After two days of full-on judging & stewarding, I'm now home with a bevvie & absolutely knackered!

Sit tight on the results, guys. We got a couple of tied places for the Major prizes, so rather than announce something & then have to disappoint folks, give us 24 Hrs to get it right. Then everything will be revealed (such a tease, I know, but better this way).:cheers:

After two days of full-on judging & stewarding, I'm now home with a bevvie & absolutely knackered!
Youve been teasing yob for years[emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji8] [emoji8]

Great to see so many more judges putting their hands up - by the looks of things, enough to split larger categories which makes for better and fairer judging.

Congrats to those who did well, commiserations to those who didn't

Thanks to all who made the Vicbrew possible. Obviously a massive effort with ~600 entries (I'm guesstimating).
Congrats to all the winners & runner-ups.

Back to me:
Pretty happy with my results. Well, 2 at least - 13th & 16th in the Amber/Dark Lager category, both above 100 points! Very pleased for a first-timer. :cool:
Not so happy with the German Pils result - 32nd out of 33, and only 41 points. Lol - i'm hoping it was out of style rather than it was so crap!
Keen to see the detailed scoresheets and see what needs to be improved on all 3.
Any idea when (/where) those will be displayed?

Big ups to DJ who snatched 6th in the Special Beers; with a bit of help from Mardoo, of course. ;)
Sorry - i didn't recognise any other names :rolleyes: so hopefully AHB was well represented in other entries, and congrats to all of those also.

Cheers TB and of course thanks to Mardoo who definitely did the heavy lifting on that one, I only donated brain juice to that 'Two Fuzzy Nuts' brew [emoji12]

Am I assuming correctly in that husky has done extremely well? Big congrats!

Thanks to all the stewards and judges as always an amazing effort well done to all

Pretty stoked that Westgate brewers won the Scott Vernon , the Barney and had Champion brewer ( John Kingston on count back)
Pretty stoked to have 2 out of 6 place
( my Irish red got 4th by .5)
Hopefully next year ( depending on child access ) I'll be able to do more than turn up for the presents
Thanks to all of the Vicbrew team that put this on and as those of us that are part of a club that run competitions know what a mammoth effort it is . Thanks to the team and stewards and judges .

Nice turn around on the results! So close to a place this year, damn you people brewing better than me.

Interesting list of Stewards and Judges, I could have sworn we had more Stewards around... Oh well!

Thanks to the organisers, you guys have got a slick comp running now, very impressive level of organisation.

Back