VICBREW 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manticle said:
I am a man of my word.
Never in doubt.

'Still have to work-up the balls to brew naked in Kinglake in winter to get those Rochefort 10's. What kind of proof do you require?

PLEASE don't say a 5-hour you-tube video - it'd be really boring looking at my naked butt for that long (attractive as it is... :p ). How about a succession of stills with time-stamps?

I accept your challenge, subject to the rules of engagement. Name them.

I'll presume that you aren't able to look like Catherine Zera Jones when she was 30 so we'll drop that one of the list.

I'll sort the rest out pronto.

manticle said:
I'll presume that you aren't able to look like Catherine Zera Jones when she was 30 so we'll drop that one of the list.
I'll sort the rest out pronto.
Oddly enough, after a pint or six of quad, the resemblance is uncanny...blurry, but uncanny. You've been warned.

I would not only have to drink those quads but be glassed by each remaining bottle: separately and for a continuous period of not less than an hour each to believe that.

I have contributed to some way off topic shite and will desist.

Where can i find the most updated aabcstyle guidelines? I want to enter into Vicbrew.....

The hyper-links on the on the Vicbrew website aren't currently working. I'll get the tech-bloke onto it, so keep checking every so often until they work.

Hi all, how should marzen and dunkles bock be entered? I'm assuming under the category of Amber & Dark Lager but there is also Strong Lager and they are indeed both Strong Lagers?
Yob I don't see any wood-aged category just the specialty cat for barrel aged RIS?

Marzen goes into 4.1.

Dunkels Bock will fit into either 5.3 or 5.4 (probably better-off in 5.4).

Edit: Anything like barrel-aged RIS goes into Specialty.

MartinOC said:
Hi fellow home-brewers and craft-brewers,

We would like to invite you to volunteer to JUDGE or STEWARD at VicBrew 2016.
This year it will be held on the 10th and 11th of September at the Belgian Beer Cafe Eureka, 5 Riverside Quay, Southbank Melbourne, Melways 2F E7. Located about 5 minutes walk from Flinders St Station across the Evan-Walker bridge, this is a BJCP sanctioned and registered competition and all judges are welcome.

To register your interest, please fill out the form located here http://goo.gl/forms/KDNbQApRGF2A7Wqz2 with your details and preferences.

Why volunteer at VicBrew?

• Evaluate some of the best beer in the state in Australia's biggest homebrewing competition.

• Hone your judging skills by judging alongside highly experienced beer judges.

• Earn BJCP points.

• Free lunch provided for all volunteers.

• Novice judges and stewards are welcome, with on-the-job training provided.

• A great range of Belgian beers and craft brews in the Eureka bar.
Starting and finishing times for Saturday and Sunday are expected to be 9.00 am to 5:00 pm with judging organised in two sessions.
We encourage you to pass this message along to any of your friends or acquaintances who might be interested in judging or stewarding. If you have questions, feel free to email [email protected]

Thanks for your assistance,

The VicBrew 2016 committee
Put myself down for both days to "assist wherever seen fit"

Alright, filled out your little google form to help out on the Saturday. I don't think we will get enough for manticle to come over though.

I'm hoping to convince the better half to come and stay in the city for the night.

Put my name down to judge but I'm happy to do whatever.

Edit, my phone seems to think manticles name should be mandible.

Are ciders being included again this year?

They're in for AABC 2016, so we're including them until the AABC decides to change.

worthogs webmaster said:
We have a number of disgruntled members regarding the online only entry format. I'm anticipating that it's going to become my job to enter everyone's details in as they'll all groan about it. Don't yell at me, I'm just passing it on. I don't understand why you can't keep the manual format in place for those who want to use it. Surely the number of people who choose that option will be minimal, and with three weeks you should be able to sort those out.
Just get em to pop down to the library. Most librarians will give them a lesson on the world wide web.

MartinOC said:
They're in for AABC 2016, so we're including them until the AABC decides to change.
Cheers Martin, I just volunteered for stewarding on Sunday (All day hopefully!)

Not going to get an old dog to learn new tricks now, even if I can prove to them that their neural pathways can make new connections and learn stuff! Resistance is all they are comfortable with. However, I do see the sense in leaving a manual option open. For accessibility's sake, online only will always disadvantage some.

Latest posts

Back