VICBREW 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a number of disgruntled members regarding the online only entry format. I'm anticipating that it's going to become my job to enter everyone's details in as they'll all groan about it. Don't yell at me, I'm just passing it on. I don't understand why you can't keep the manual format in place for those who want to use it. Surely the number of people who choose that option will be minimal, and with three weeks you should be able to sort those out.

It's a digital world man...

Why should they expect someone else to enter their details? Shit takes time as I'm sure you appreciate.

If you can do something as complex as brewing a great all grain beer for a comp, then surely you perform the rather mundane task of entering said beer online?

Picked up by scantily dressed Norwegian minxes has my vote, not sure how that helps with data entry but it'd be a bloody nice change

Think, given the number of entries they have, being online only is more about a reduction in effort over managing pieces of paper and translating that said piece of paper accurately.

If the online site does everything it needs to, it reduces the poor organisers workload enormously.

droid said:
Time to get a hurry on...August is coming!
you entering wood aged or specialty with that evil RIS of yours?

ed:

emails got sent out today for folks wanting to get involved, judges and stewards.

For those never or newly involved in comps in Vic, or elsewhere for that matter, here is a

>LINK<

to the Vicbrew registration form.

I can utterly recommend coming along in one form or another, stewards and judges alike, its a huge couple of days and you get such great exposure to so many different styles of beer.. in both roles...

There are plenty of people to show you the ropes so if youre at all keen for a great day (or two) I'll see you there :party:

Hi fellow home-brewers and craft-brewers,

We would like to invite you to volunteer to JUDGE or STEWARD at VicBrew 2016.
This year it will be held on the 10th and 11th of September at the Belgian Beer Cafe Eureka, 5 Riverside Quay, Southbank Melbourne, Melways 2F E7. Located about 5 minutes walk from Flinders St Station across the Evan-Walker bridge, this is a BJCP sanctioned and registered competition and all judges are welcome.

To register your interest, please fill out the form located here http://goo.gl/forms/KDNbQApRGF2A7Wqz2 with your details and preferences.

Why volunteer at VicBrew?

• Evaluate some of the best beer in the state in Australia's biggest homebrewing competition.

• Hone your judging skills by judging alongside highly experienced beer judges.

• Earn BJCP points.

• Free lunch provided for all volunteers.

• Novice judges and stewards are welcome, with on-the-job training provided.

• A great range of Belgian beers and craft brews in the Eureka bar.
Starting and finishing times for Saturday and Sunday are expected to be 9.00 am to 5:00 pm with judging organised in two sessions.
We encourage you to pass this message along to any of your friends or acquaintances who might be interested in judging or stewarding. If you have questions, feel free to email [email protected]

Thanks for your assistance,

The VicBrew 2016 committee

I've put my name down for both days Martin. Might have to work on the Saturday but won't know untill closer to the date. Cheers [emoji481][emoji481][emoji106]

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="Yob" data-cid="1383748" data-time="1467552033" data-date="Yesterday, 11:20 PM">Yob" data-cid="1383748" data-time="1467552033" data-date="Yesterday, 11:20 PM said:<p>you entering wood aged or specialty with that evil RIS of yours? ed: emails got sent out today for folks wanting to get involved, judges and stewards. For those never or newly involved in comps in Vic, or elsewhere for that matter, here is a <a class='bbc_url' href='https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BnVmeAtcg6A-fhggX4LF8C9-l-UgYO1nZpeMz-ZbMlo/viewform?c=0&w=1'><span style='font-size: 24px;'>>LINKI wasn't able to bring up the categories last time I looked J. Sounds like the wood aged category would be most appropriate. Planning on being availBle to assist at least Sat, if I can get Monday off I'll do both days helping wherever. I'll register when I get back in front of a PCLooks like Manticle won't be booking a trip across the Tasman, which is sad.

I've offered my conditions and stand by them.
10 volunteers, new to the comp, judging preferred.

There was a list somewhere. Never saw it get to 10 but there's still time.

Caveat is that Tas State comp is on the saturday for which I've volunteered myself. Would only be the sunday should you get that list up to where it needs to be but I am a man of my word. Unless something dire happens with family or somesuch, I'll make the trip if conditions are met.

The list was at 2, not doubting manticle would come. It would be nice to be proven wrong though about getting 10 noobs

Latest posts

Back