VICBREW 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to all who won, thanks to those who ran the event. I got a 4th tied with third so Im pretty stoked about that, don't know if its a third or forth, any chance I get to send one away to national comp? :ph34r:
Thanks again

citizensnips said:
Congrats to all who won, thanks to those who ran the event. I got a 4th tied with third so Im pretty stoked about that, don't know if its a third or forth, any chance I get to send one away to national comp? :ph34r:
Thanks again
Unfortunately for you they are split on count back using overall impression, so result wise you are a clear 4th - has happened to me plenty of time in the past.

Happy that my US Amber got a third - congrats to all other place getters and good luck at Nats!

Truman said:
I only placed 7th for my American Brown ale but that's the highest score I've got so far so I'm happy with that.
my Brown was what I thought was the best beer I entered, but coming in at 21 I assume (hope :) ) it's doesn't taste like the one on tap :D

Yob said:
nothing yet, will have to sleep om it.

:icon_cheers:
Yeah, I was wrecked last night, so the check and upload didn't happen. I told the guys asking at the comp that I should have em up by Wednesday evening.

When I get the kids to bed tonight I'll put my hand to the sifting to make sure everyone gets the right sheets (after the canning I got for having the odd wrong sheet available a few years back, I'm a bit conservative about the speed with which I upload the sheets...)

Andy

No worries at all mate, completely understand.

Thanks for the efforts to make it all happen.

:icon_cheers:

Do you have to register with compmaster to view your sheet or are they emailed out to entrants?

Big thanks to everyone involved running the event. I had a lot of fun helping with the stewarding yesterday.

This was my fIrst time entering or assisting with a competition.

As expected no placing, but I am reasonably happy with how my beers scored.

I'm happy, only entered one beer and felt it should be able to score at least 90 points, I got 99, good indicator of where my beer is currently at, that was a concentrated extract brew with a beer I purposely brewed at the low end of the style, US amber Ale, just moved back up to all grain so hope for better things next year. Hoped to get along to Vicbrew this year but I'm stuck at home with a knee issue, look forward to next year, would like to try some judging if they'll have me, its great fun, though hard on the taste buds after a while.

Thanks to all the organisers, judges and stewards, without you there would be no competition.

Big thanks to those who helped out and organizers. Looking forward to the judging notes to see where I went wrong :rolleyes:

stakka82 said:
Do you have to register with compmaster to view your sheet or are they emailed out to entrants?
If you entered online you will be able to see your sheets on compmaster as soon as I've uploaded them.

If you entered offline your sheets will get mailed out in the next couple of weeks.

If you entered offline but have a compmaster account, the sheets for this competition will not be connected with your account. I may be able to link them, but no promises as I have a lot on right this moment... (Entering online in future will help avoid this happening...)

Andy

citizensnips said:
Thanks again
The classic response here is "it all depends....."

If you got a 4th in a category & the 3rd-place getter doesn't have another beer to enter, you might just have a reprieve & get to submit your beer to the Nationals.

MartinOC said:
The classic response here is "it all depends....."

If you got a 4th in a category & the 3rd-place getter doesn't have another beer to enter, you might just have a reprieve & get to submit your beer to the Nationals.
Ahh here's hoping!

Hey folks,

Scoresheets are up and live now on CompMaster.

Like I said earlier, if you have entered online, they will appear in the My Account -> My Results page.

If you didn't enter online, your scoresheets will be mailed out soon.

If you did enter offline but have a CompMaster account, your scores won't be linked to your account. I can potentially link them, but the next chance I'll get will be on the weekend. Send me a PM with your CompMaster username and your entry numbers and I'll see if I can get it sorted for you.

I spend a few hours checking each one against the score data, so everything should be in order. Having said that, **it happens, so let me know if there is a problem and I'll try to get it sorted ASAP.

Cheers!

Andy

Andyd said:
Hey folks,

Scoresheets are up and live now on CompMaster.

Like I said earlier, if you have entered online, they will appear in the My Account -> My Results page.

If you didn't enter online, your scoresheets will be mailed out soon.

If you did enter offline but have a CompMaster account, your scores won't be linked to your account. I can potentially link them, but the next chance I'll get will be on the weekend. Send me a PM with your CompMaster username and your entry numbers and I'll see if I can get it sorted for you.

I spend a few hours checking each one against the score data, so everything should be in order. Having said that, **it happens, so let me know if there is a problem and I'll try to get it sorted ASAP.

Cheers!

Andy

thanks again Andy for all the work you do and you comments on my wheat :) Or though I'm sure you could have found a couple more points.

Thanks for the oraganisers for running such a great event and getting our results out so quick. We are an impatient lot and the quick turn around is appreciated. Love comp master.

mxd said:
thanks again Andy for all the work you do and you comments on my wheat :) Or though I'm sure you could have found a couple more points.
Just went back and looked at the sheet - that was a great beer, I actually thought that you might have taken out the category.

That reminds me - if you judged on the weekend you can log in and look at the sheets you wrote in the comp also. If you have trouble let me know and I'll see if I can link you up...

Andy

Back