Vicbrew 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well done hoser, and the melbourne boys.

...including some who placed who learned about AG from other more 'experienced' brewers AHEM! hahahaha

haha - very happy for the guy in question, and happy with my general 3/5 scores over three beers given the scores in the relevant categories.

Cheers everyone.

first in pils, im so happy i might have to crack a bottle of consecration to follow the supplication i just drained.

Thanks to all involved.

Looking forward to score sheets.

Very happy for my first crack at comp with 5 entries A top 5, couple top 10, an 11th scoring same as 9th place and my worst was 14th which was only 1.5pt of 10th.

Cheers

congrates to all the winners and place getters...

Do we get any feedback for our entries?

i didnt come last so i'm happy as a first time entrant....

congrates to all the winners and place getters...

Do we get any feedback for our entries?

i didnt come last so i'm happy as a first time entrant....

Scanned scoresheets with feedback should be online on CompMaster in the next couple of days.

If you didn't enter through compmaster, sheets will be mailed out shortly.

If you didn't but have a compmaster login already, let me know and I will link your result sheets so you can get them a bit earlier.

If you don't have a CM account yet, you can create one and I will try to link up your sheets for you.

Cheers,

Andy

Big thanks to all the judges and stewards.

I did a lot better than I thought I would, good times.

Great work with Compmaster Andy - its a great service! Also thanks to everyone involved in the comp.

I was surprised that out of the 3 beers I submitted, the one I was most concerned about and least happy with actually placed the highest! :huh: Guess I wont be making a beer judge any time soon! 2 beers made top ten in class so I'm happy with that for my first effort.

Well done manticle
Very happy with two two firsts but most of my other results suggest some issues that will need sorting out.
Would love to have tasted the biere de garde that pulled beer of show - that's a massive score.
Congrats to all, even those who didn't place and even if your beer did poorly. Some very experienced brewers will often end up near the bottom of a category - just the nature of comps ( obviously trying to make myself feel better)

congrats to all entrants... some really good scores for middle of the pack beers which suggests that the level of competition was very high - always good to see.

Happy with a second place, would have liked to see a few more get a bit closer - but did manage to take out the bottom of one cat, so always nice to have that spread :ph34r:

Good luck to all who have made it through to Nationals in a few weeks!!

Brendo

Congrats to all the winners and place getters. But also congrats to all the folks who submitted an entry at all.

It takes a bit of a leap of faith to enter your beer in a comp with so many great brewers out there. My first few times I entered comps, I wasn't quite ready for the ego crushing that my entries earned me... however casting that aside, I have taken the feedback onboard and made some process and equipment adjustments.

Absolutely thrilled with picking up a 1st for my first ever crack at a Doppelbock !! The 9 hour brewday on the June long weekend where the temp in my brothers garage didn't get above 6 deg all day was well worth it.

I certainly encourage anyone who has never entered a comp to whack in a few entries and get some feedback. Steel yourself for some constructive criticism, which you can then work into your process to make better brews.

I believe the next comp for wide ranging styles is BeerFest in Feb 2013. Get brewing, ready to submit an entry or 10 (a la Fourstar).

Duck

Anybody else having trouble retrieving their score sheets on compmaster?

a few posts back andy mentioned the score sheets wont e up for a couple of days.

I finished homologating all the scoresheets last night around 3, so I'll try to get them uploaded to the site tonight (1G in size... I'll have to start archiving old sheets to make room...)

Which leads me to a question that's a little off topic: is it worth me keeping the old sheets online?

If it is I might need to get a cloud storage service sorted out, which might put a small fee on users who want access to it.

If anyone knows a good, inexpensive CS service please let me know - currently looking at google cloud storage - it's about $0.12 a month per GB by the look of things plus some transaction fees.

At present each competition is between 800M and 1G in size, so it's small bickies right now, but SWMBO is starting to get cranky about me forking out cash to run these things.

Andy

Thanks for everyone that volunteered and helped out!!!

I got 5th in the Brown Ales (3rd for American Browns) with 105 - very happy with that for my first entry! Looking forward to reading the scoresheet. Definitely going to enter more comps in the future for the feedback!

EDIT: And thanks Andy! You rock!

If you didn't but have a compmaster login already, let me know and I will link your result sheets so you can get them a bit earlier.
Could somebody PM me Andy's email address, so I can ask him to link up my results?

Latest posts

Back