Vicbrew 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to do the same myself, KegKing did accept entry(s) for MB's British Ales comp (when I asked them to), and I even sent an email to VicBrew people last year asking for them to arrange for drop-off at KegKing, but it's not on this years list. :(

Oh well, looks like I'll have to trek out to Narre Brew this arvo.

I'm around the corning from keg king and work in Mt Waverley so if you want to drop it off at either of those places I'll drink em for you I'll drop them off to Brewers Den Saturday morning.

Thats cool - wouldn't mind checking out Narre Brew anyhow, haven't been there before. Keg King is just nice and close so would be convenient if they were a drop off point.

Ha...tell me about it, Yob!
I thought it wasn't for a while yet. Just speed bottled my APA and AIPA...warming them slightly right now.
Hopefully they'll carb(probably not fully),and they'll be a little hazy too.
Happy with them on the whole though :)

Ha...tell me about it, Yob!
I thought it wasn't for a while yet. Just speed bottled my APA and AIPA...warming them slightly right now.
Hopefully they'll carb(probably not fully),and they'll be a little hazy too.
Happy with them on the whole though :)

Well there will be at least 2 hazy AIPA's then, the one I submitted comes with a fair chill haze which I couldn't get to settle out :(

Generally should the shop you drop your comp beers off to refrigerate them until the judging? I don't think Narre brew was going to, he also want sure when the comp was! :huh:

I was going to put a note on my box to "please keep me warm" as they still need time to carbonate.

Well there will be at least 2 hazy AIPA's then, the one I submitted comes with a fair chill haze which I couldn't get to settle out :(

Chill haze doesnt settle out, it will dissapear with the beer at room temp, it's likely some other type of haze if it is there at room temp, perhaps hop haze given the style. poor lautering, wrong ph, wheat/flaked barley protein, infections are a number of other less lightly cuplrits...I'll hazzard a guess it's the hops.

New rule in Vicbrew apparently - neither Father Jack nor Hoser are permitted to enter any beers except in the low alcohol category.

Sorry guys.

New rule in Vicbrew apparently - neither Father Jack nor Hoser are permitted to enter any beers except in the low alcohol category.

Sorry guys.

Ha ha! That would mean the crazy amount of brewing I've been doing would all be excluded from Vicbrew. 15 full kegs these days.... need to send at least a few somewhere!

Jokes aside thanks for the complement. I've been fortunate enough to have a string of luck. Cheers! Oh and good luck in Vicbrew although from personal experience your English Pale and Orange Choc Stout need no luck!!

only 6 entries for me this year.
I also need a ruling for next year on whether braggot can be entered into specialty cat.
off to brewers den with brendos and my entries this arvo,.
good luck all

only 6 entries for me this year.
I also need a ruling for next year on whether braggot can be entered into specialty cat.
off to brewers den with brendos and my entries this arvo,.
good luck all

Thanks mate... SWMBO has a lazy 7 entries sitting in a box for when you drop by mate... :D

Anybody notice that category 1.6 English Bitter is missing from the compmaster entry form? 1.5 is listed twice. Should I just enter it as 1.5 and list that it's 1.6 in the notes?

Anybody notice that category 1.6 English Bitter is missing from the compmaster entry form? 1.5 is listed twice. Should I just enter it as 1.5 and list that it's 1.6 in the notes?
Just put it in the yeast notes.
For specialty cat there isn't anywhere to add the info u have to put for specialty entries so that's where I put my info.

Andy - take note for next upgrade of compmaster. Love the RF code print outs. Hope they scan on the day through the sticky tape. Lol.

Andy - take note for next upgrade of compmaster. Love the RF code print outs. Hope they scan on the day through the sticky tape. Lol.

Tried them with my smart phone scanner app - worked a treat! ;)

Back