Vicbrew 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah well, I chucked in a couple of last minute entries... two of them have had to go in 'specialty' categories due to the fine print (alc strength on a saison and a large chunk - %27 - of rye in an AIPA) - just like last year none were done for the comp, but it's all a bit of fun. Just interested in feedback etc etc.

Cheers guys.

New rule in Vicbrew apparently - neither Father Jack nor Hoser are permitted to enter any beers except in the low alcohol category.

Sorry guys.

Jeez Manticle...who's the sore loser :) less talking more brewing out of you.

& what's with this low alcohol crap???? stick to lemonade if you cant handle the taste of beer.

I have a few in, got 3 beers that are cutting it fine to be carbonated, 3 more that might be past their prime & I cant remember what the other 2 are. I basically stuck in my last 8 batches, there all fairly good, some better than others, might place 8 might place none...you just never no your luck. We could be in for a ripper of a club challenge after last years very close 3 way battle.

now as for prizes, I'd really like to win an oompa loompa... to do the cleaning & bottling for me, I think it would be a good accessory for the brew shed.

I'm intending to go to Baysides show this year, have been meaning to for a few years, but with so many busy weekends close to it; just never seem to get there.

does anyone know if the judging list for vicbrew has come out yet? I put my name down to judge but haven't heard anything back.

An email went out a fww daya ago callibg for judges and stewards so fhey are probably atill short judges and thus still working out the judging schedule

Entering for the first time this year, AIPA, APA, Helles, Dunkel and Oaked Pilsener.

Jeez Manticle...who's the sore loser :) less talking more brewing out of you.

& what's with this low alcohol crap???? stick to lemonade if you cant handle the taste of beer.

Just trying to even up the playing field a touch FJ. Hoser entered about 600 beers anyway so my attempts have failed.

Should be judging Saturday - no idea on category yet but entered about 4 or 5 categories so obviously not those ones.

Anyone considering judging - don't be put off if you have never done it before. It's fun and you'll get paired/tripled with more experienced judges.

I'm entering for the first time.

I wasn't really sure what category to enter my 'Amber' ale in (as I didn't brew it to a style) so I put it into American Amber Ale and Australian Dark Ale. See what happens. Also entering a APA and Baltic Porter. Keen to hear the feedback, should be interesting.

Does anyone know what time the event starts @ the belgian? Do you have to be there or do you get notified by phone/post if you place? I assume they post you your judging sheets?

Cheers

Phil

I'm entering for the first time.

I wasn't really sure what category to enter my 'Amber' ale in (as I didn't brew it to a style) so I put it into American Amber Ale and Australian Dark Ale. See what happens. Also entering a APA and Baltic Porter. Keen to hear the feedback, should be interesting.

Does anyone know what time the event starts @ the belgian? Do you have to be there or do you get notified by phone/post if you place? I assume they post you your judging sheets?

Cheers

Phil

Judging starts at 9.30 on Saturday and 10 am on Sunday.

Feedback sheets are usually posted and results will be hosted online here: http://vicbrew.org/results.htm a few days after the event. Entrants do not have to be present.

Judging starts at 9.30 on Saturday and 10 am on Sunday.

Feedback sheets are usually posted and results will be hosted online here: http://vicbrew.org/results.htm a few days after the event. Entrants do not have to be present.

Scoresheets should be available online Sunday evening if you've entered on CompMaster.

Andy

Just trying to even up the playing field a touch FJ. Hoser entered about 600 beers anyway so my attempts have failed.

Should be judging Saturday - no idea on category yet but entered about 4 or 5 categories so obviously not those ones.

Anyone considering judging - don't be put off if you have never done it before. It's fun and you'll get paired/tripled with more experienced judges.

I deserve that. Been brewing far too much and clearly have a lot of brews kicking around. Having moved in with my better half might distract me a bit. ;)

Looking forward to judging the Pils tomorrow! Good luck judging folks!

I deserve that. Been brewing far too much and clearly have a lot of brews kicking around. Having moved in with my better half might distract me a bit. ;)

Looking forward to judging the Pils tomorrow! Good luck judging folks!

You reckon?...I bet she'll drive you to drink, you'll be spending even more time in the man cave :)

looks like we could be in for a record entry level given Hoser is entering more beers than the previous competition high.

Good luck Philski on your first comp, try and get along to Vicbrew or Beerfest, its a great oportunity to get exposure to heaps of beer styles...and beer folk.

Results are up on CompMaster for everyone.

I'm still working through scoresheets to remove mis-scans and duplicates - they should become available in the next day or so.

Congratulations to everyone who entered. This year was record breaking for Vicbrew, with the highest number of entries submitted as well as the highest number of individual entrants.

The "big" prizes go to:

• Champion brewer went to Derek Hales from Melbourne Brewers (go team !).
  • Best Novice was Brent Wheelan
  • The Scott Vernon trophy for most entries from one club went to Bayside Brewers.
  • And the Vicbrew shield for best presented club went to Melbourne Brewers (again, go team!)

Thanks to all the great folk who came along to Judge, Steward or just cheer on.

And thanks to my colleagues on the Vicbrew committee who do an incredible amount of work behind the scenes to make this event happen for everyone.

Cheers!

Andy

Latest posts

Back