Vic Xmas In July Case Swap 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
InCider has a great point about the plastic fantastic screw top bottles. I have been meaning to buy some as travellers and for partys etc anyway. Does anyone know how much they cost? Anyone interested in using PET for the swap?

InCider Thanks for you encouragement and ideas. I will defiantly get some pics and if you are ever in town make sure you contact me.

Quintrex I recon a triple could be the go.

vlbaby Welcome aboard. Lager of some kind would be great.

1. Peels Cream ale
2. DarkFaerytale
3. Lucas (interested)
4. Wardhog Chinook/Cascade APA (interested)
5. Fents
6. Velophile
7. Thirsty Boy
8. Andrei
9. Quintrex
10. RobW - robust porter
11. vlbaby

Yep im still keen. Dosnt matter how many we get. Standard 23litre batch divide by .750ml (normal longneck) = 30 longnecks

Tho my bottles will def be glass.

If people wanna do 330ml stubbies just put in two.

I'd be more inclined to just go with long necks. Otherwise I think many people including myself will have to go out and buy PET bottles especially for the swap.

People can always go buy a slab of coopers long necks and drink them to make up the required bottles they need. Thats what i did last swap. It was a good excuse to buy a slab, not that i usually need one. :)

cheers

vl.

Good point vl. Dont want to buy extra stuff when you don't need it. But I still don't mind receiving PET in the swap if that's all people have. I just want to try lots of different brews to (read between the lines) expand my taste buds.

If people give PET thats fine, likewise glass. As long as its wet who cares.

If people give PET thats fine, likewise glass. As long as its wet who cares.

There's pros and cons. Heidi Fleiss and Chopper.

I'm (and I am awaiting challenges) the biggest tight arse on AHB, (AHDD if you can't sleep) and even to me $15 for 12 PET is better that $3-5 for each Coopers tallie, or $2.90 - 4.00 for a VB or similar (which makes trains derail).

I can bench press 75kg and still don't want to be in a swap greater than 20!

And as a side note, get everyone to kick $2 so you can have a schooner for everybody and it'ss no loss if one (or a few ) get slotted. Cheap as.

Cheers,

InCider. (who just made flat Cider - beyond science ).

Cool, if people are OK with PET or a mix, I'm definately in.

I'll go with my house brew which is a Pale Ale of no particular origin, just tweaked till I like it. Saaz, Hersbrucker and Nelson Sauvin hops.... yummy. I normally make it at a whopping 3.5%, but I'll up the gravity for the swap.

1. Peels Cream ale
2. DarkFaerytale
3. Lucas (interested)
4. Wardhog Chinook/Cascade APA (interested)
5. Fents - IPA
6. Velophile
7. Thirsty Boy - mongrel Pale Ale
8. Andrei
9. Quintrex
10. RobW - robust porter
11. vlbaby

So when do we call cutoff time? I know its still a fair while away.

So when do we call cutoff time? I know its still a fair while away.
I havent participated in a swap before so I not sure. Im thinking end of June for a July swap. Does this suit everyone?

I havent participated in a swap before so I not sure. Im thinking end of June for a July swap. Does this suit everyone?

Yep, no problems.

10 weeks to go, better get my brewing shoes on...

bugga 10 weeks, might have to do my dopplebock later on then to keep the fridge available. i'm thinking of doing my first alt for the swap

-Phill

bugga 10 weeks, might have to do my dopplebock later on then to keep the fridge available. i'm thinking of doing my first alt for the swap

-Phill

Bring on the Alt DFT. Hopefully the case isnt full of Pale Ales. I really only brew ales, pilsners and the likes, thats why i chose IPA cause no ones doing one (just put on tap a corriander IPA which is lovely!). Might even change to a red ale or porter if no ones doing these, it would be my first but hey gotta try it sometime.

Wardhog --> Maybe hook up for that brewday and brew our case swaps together?

Wardhog --> Maybe hook up for that brewday and brew our case swaps together?

Sure - this weekend suit?. Actually, my next brew is going to be a porter. I might submit that instead of the Chinook/Cascade, it does seem to be chock full of pale ales.

Edit - RobW, it's going to be a Brown Porter, I'll leave the robust one to you.

i love trying different styles and yes i'm a little worried about it being all pale ales as well, lets have a brew something you've never brewed befor case! :p

i'm looking forward to trying the cream ale and the triple, mmm

-Phill

Peels, please count me in.

I'll probably do a brown ale or an out-of-season wheat.

Can I suggest you update the original post with the list of contributors?

apd

Consider yourself counted apd.

1. Peels Cream ale
2. DarkFaerytale
3. Lucas (interested)
4. Wardhog Chinook/Cascade APA
5. Fents - IPA
6. Velophile
7. Thirsty Boy - mongrel Pale Ale
8. Andrei
9. Quintrex
10. RobW - robust porter