Vic Xmas Case Swap 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anywhere from about mid-day onward, theres brewing happening too so that will consume the early portion of the day, food will go on about 3 for a 5ish feed before the serious part of the day begins :party:

:lol:

Just realised that Meredith Music Festival is on this weekend so we should move the date of the caseswap :p
Nah have fun guys I will arange to get my beers there before the weekend.

Beer is done, but I've not had time to bottle it (or do any-other beer stuff recently) so I removed my name from the list (unless I can get it done really soon).

You've got nearly a month to bottle. Mine's still finishing fermenting.

I don't mind less swappers and that's plenty of notice but are you sure?

@Vitalstatistix - you suck balls my friend. Meredith?!! ppfftt

Yob will be picking up equipment from mine prior to the day so you can drop beers off to me. I'll do my best to drink them all.

Beer is done, but I've not had time to bottle it (or do any-other beer stuff recently) so I removed my name from the list (unless I can get it done really soon).
Mine will still be in the fermenter for another week and probably not be fully carbed for the swap. You can do it!

@Vitalstatistix - you suck balls my friend. Meredith?!! ppfftt

Yob will be picking up equipment from mine prior to the day so you can drop beers off to me. I'll do my best to drink them all.

Yeah I know, I am totally bummed out, but sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll (and lots of beer)....
Might take you up on the offer of dropping my swap over to yours if Yob is ok with that and has room.
Good luck getting through my swap man, should be undercarbed with a very sweet finish due to un-conditioned bottles :)
:icon_offtopic:
btw, that fucks up me being able to help out on the grain BB day too, sorry. Still cool to help out up until the weekend though.

s'all good, Ive got to drop over to Maticles before the day anyway for an equipment run etc so no bother at all..

Yob

looking fwd to it. i have an english pale ale cold conditioning if its shit you will get a stella pale ale.

whats cracking on the spit? hope someones bringing extra crackling this time.

I am a bit of a glass purist, never have used PET, but after having so many good swap beers from the PETS I am a convert, obviously not for anything i want to age.
So off to LHBS and bought 15 Coppertun AKA Brewcraft bottles to add to my new PET collection, ******* 2 of them have holes in them and starting leaking about half way through filling. I decanted via funnel and tube into other bottles which I designated as testers.

So i got out what glass i have = 6 and filled them as I lost faith in my new PETS, stick to coopers plastic i guess...?
Hopefully none of the others bust a nut upon carbing, only aiming for 2.1 volumes so fingers crossed.
Il bring all the glass ones for any other glass users that want same back.

Well i ended up loosing another couple on carbing! It gives you the shits having to clean up beer of the floor that you have put a lot of effort into making from scratch.
As it stands i still have enough to swap, more so with others dropping out.

Anyway i let "Imake" the company that owns coppertun/brewcraft know of my disappointment and they assured me that the bottles i bought were old stock and they are aware of the problem and since changed manufacturers and to restore my faith sent me 2 boxes replacement, they look and feel identical to the coopers PET now and have no dodgy looking bottoms.

Just added to the wiki. I have a 75L HLT to bring if required. Would also like to take a cube home and help out of theres enough. If not I may knock out a BIAB as I struggle to get time to brew atm.
Will be coming straight from G&G and can transport grain if anyone requires.

whats cracking on the spit? hope someones bringing extra crackling this time.

Probably similar to July with half kilo of lamb and pork and perhaps a bit of Goat.. presumably there will be people bringing a few nibblies?

wouldnt mind some more of that jerky that went round in July but stuffed if I know who brought it :icon_drool2:

hey guys, sorry i'm going to have to bow out of the case swap, i have not had time to put down a beer that i think is acceptable. work and study got in the way.

i'll make sure to keep my eye's open for the next one in july and try and make it then

good luck!

-Phill

hey guys, sorry i'm going to have to bow out of the case swap, i have not had time to put down a beer that i think is acceptable. work and study got in the way.

i'll make sure to keep my eye's open for the next one in july and try and make it then

good luck!

-Phill

not still attanding as a non swapper?

i had not thought about that. i might do, do you need definate numbers or can i tell you closer to the day?

Neither here nor there really... trying to get a handle on it so as to get the right amount of foods together but not really an issue mate, just dont want to see you miss out on what will be a great day.

Yob

I know it's Melbourne and largely unpredictable, but the Long Range Frocast seems good with fine weather each side of the day.

Image_0.jpg

I dont think my beer is going to be ready. Just over a week away and still waiting for the yeast in the post. Gonna be a wheat beer but I just dont think its gonna be ready to bottle by the 9th :( as it will only be in the fermenter a week not the 2 weeks like I planned.

tasted my EPA last night and its bloody good! cant wait!

Latest posts

Back