Vic Xmas Case Swap 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
****! My case swap beer is infected!! And so is the batch brewed before it and the 2 after it! Just binned all three of my fermenters. ******* unbelievable. All the batches had the same infection, I can't taste it from the fermenter or during carbing. Once the beer has been bottled for 4-6 weeks, boom! Gushers! It's not a really bad tasting infection, it just tastes a bit off, but it's buggered the beer all the same. I was planning to brew tomorrow and have been stepping up a starter which I just poured down the sink. Not worth brewing at this time.

Certainly not going to pass this on to other swappers and I now only have two batches of beer left that were bottled last week. I can't taste the infection yet (maybe someone else can?) but it's not worth the risk of passing on infected beer. I guess I'll just wait a few more weeks for them to turn into gushers and then pour them down the sink. Tipped out a lot of beer today :(

Still attending the case swap/brew day with equipment etc, however I'll be bringing beer purchased from Dans no doubt.

I have adjusted the case swap article to attend as a non swapper.

Sitting here drowning my sorrows with an infected ESB :icon_vomit:

Well after all the drama in the above post and replacing all my fermenters I seem to have successfully brewed 10 double batches since this issue without that dreaded infection raring it's ugly head once. I'm so bloody happy about it and figured this was the place to share my joy, back where it all began....

Bring on the next caseswap!..... :super:

Bring on the next caseswap!..... :super:

are we always slow on the uptake? Im getting (not really) worried that July will fizz... christ, WA has their Xmas one soretd...

how embarresment :lol:

good news on the brews mate

:icon_cheers:

Back