Vic Xmas Case Swap 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys, sorry i'm going to have to bow out of the case swap, i have not had time to put down a beer that i think is acceptable. work and study got in the way.

i'll make sure to keep my eye's open for the next one in july and try and make it then

good luck!

-Phill

Still down as a swapper on the Article?

Still down as a swapper on the Article?

Just removed.

I had been told by hoser he was likely to be bowing out as well due to him going back to the motherland as of tomorrow. So that brings the current total to 17 swappers if hoser is out as well.

I guess thats 7 bottles to leave at home (or kindly donate to ozzyyob!)

On another note, i'll probably be playing cricket during the day so i'll be attending in the later arvo. Siborg will be bringing/swapping my beer until i arrive. I'll probaably be ravenous so hopefully there is still food around by then. :icon_cheers:

Are you picking up your grain from the BB in the morning?

Big day

Sorry for OT.

****! My case swap beer is infected!! And so is the batch brewed before it and the 2 after it! Just binned all three of my fermenters. ******* unbelievable. All the batches had the same infection, I can't taste it from the fermenter or during carbing. Once the beer has been bottled for 4-6 weeks, boom! Gushers! It's not a really bad tasting infection, it just tastes a bit off, but it's buggered the beer all the same. I was planning to brew tomorrow and have been stepping up a starter which I just poured down the sink. Not worth brewing at this time.

Certainly not going to pass this on to other swappers and I now only have two batches of beer left that were bottled last week. I can't taste the infection yet (maybe someone else can?) but it's not worth the risk of passing on infected beer. I guess I'll just wait a few more weeks for them to turn into gushers and then pour them down the sink. Tipped out a lot of beer today :(

Still attending the case swap/brew day with equipment etc, however I'll be bringing beer purchased from Dans no doubt.

I have adjusted the case swap article to attend as a non swapper.

Sitting here drowning my sorrows with an infected ESB :icon_vomit:

Im stuggling with a similar issue, my last 3 batches have come out with a plasticy taste, slightly in the smell but definitely in the finish and on the burp. I didn't personally think it was infection so I did a bit of searching and blokes with similar complaints had also not be using camden tablets, I haven't for the past 3 batches. Also was using a bit of tubing that i regularly left sitting in starsan for days/weeks and when i pulled it out it was slimy, it was washed off before use but by the sound of it the star san is breaking down the plastic and may have added to the beers plastic taste.

The shit thing is under that plastic taste i can taste chocolate malt and a power of hops and I know its an instant rebrew. I really need another home brewer to try it and confirm my suspicions but I don't want to present a beer thats not up to scratch. Ive made better beer than this and will bring some but don't have enough of previous batches to swap.

****! My case swap beer is infected!! And so is the batch brewed before it and the 2 after it! Just binned all three of my fermenters. ******* unbelievable. All the batches had the same infection, I can't taste it from the fermenter or during carbing. Once the beer has been bottled for 4-6 weeks, boom! Gushers! It's not a really bad tasting infection, it just tastes a bit off, but it's buggered the beer all the same. I was planning to brew tomorrow and have been stepping up a starter which I just poured down the sink. Not worth brewing at this time.

Certainly not going to pass this on to other swappers and I now only have two batches of beer left that were bottled last week. I can't taste the infection yet (maybe someone else can?) but it's not worth the risk of passing on infected beer. I guess I'll just wait a few more weeks for them to turn into gushers and then pour them down the sink. Tipped out a lot of beer today :(

Still attending the case swap/brew day with equipment etc, however I'll be bringing beer purchased from Dans no doubt.

I have adjusted the case swap article to attend as a non swapper.

Sitting here drowning my sorrows with an infected ESB :icon_vomit:

Crikey its all happening! Bad luck fellas.

I have lost another couple to my shit house PETs, just slow leaks out the bottom, well i drank them anyway and they seemed to be a decent drop?
Seems to be I loose a couple then a couple swappers drop out anyway.

WARNING: Swappers that get a PET from me, I suggest you place it in recycling bin after drinking. The ones that are holding up I would not trust again as far as I could throw them and thats prob not far.

Yeah, it has sucked big time to go from brewing a beer that qualified for AABC to brewing 4 (possibly 6!) infected batches in a row. A nasty blow to the ego!!

EDIT: Sorry guys, I'll let you get back on topic now after my bitching ;)

Well just to add to the woes..

I should have spoken to my butcher earlier, all his spits are booked for the day, Not to worry, we will use the Hooded BBQ here so food will still happen, just ordered 4.5kg Lamb and 4.5kg Pork for the day (should get some crackelin :icon_drool2: )

Brewing me 4th AG today to get one more practice run in before next weekend :icon_chickcheers:

mmmm Centennial, Amarillo, Simcoe (Not used Simcoe before)

Sorry for your losses guys... is there not a law about turning up with Dan's Beers? :unsure: :drinks:

Yob

I should have spoken to my butcher earlier, all his spits are booked for the day, Not to worry, we will use the Hooded BBQ here so food will still happen, just ordered 4.5kg Lamb and 4.5kg Pork for the day (should get some crackelin :icon_drool2: )

Brewing me 4th AG today to get one more practice run in before next weekend :icon_chickcheers:

Sorry for your losses guys... is there not a law about turning up with Dan's Beers? :unsure: :drinks:

Yob

There probably is a law about showing up to a case swap with Dan's beers. Am I banned?

That's a nice mix of hops you're using there too.

There probably is a law about showing up to a case swap with Dan's beers. Am I banned?

That's a nice mix of hops you're using there too.

Naa mate just yankin ya chain, sorry to read of your losses, heart breaking (not so good on the wallet either)

:(

(edit) but yes if you rock up with VB

Naa mate just yankin ya chain, sorry to read of your losses, heart breaking (not so good on the wallet either)

:(

(edit) but yes if you rock up with VB

haha! No chance!

Actually looking forward to picking out some nice commercial beers. I don't buy them very often.

Yob

By Spit you mean the Machine not the meat I assume? If so, I have one, a Converted Keg, Happy to drop off when i drop of the beer this week.
Im no expert with it I find it hard to get the ******* hot enough but if you want to lend it for the Day no dramas.

By Spit you mean the Machine not the meat I assume? If so, I have one, a Converted Keg, Happy to drop off when i drop of the beer this week.
Im no expert with it I find it hard to get the ******* hot enough but if you want to lend it for the Day no dramas.

I don't think there is need mate, the Hooded BBQ Ive got will suffice, Meat has been ordered, and will organise some other bits and pieces to nibble on before it's cooked round 5-6ish... The butcher kindly offered to lend me a wood fired one but I think that will be more hassle than it's worth... more shit to clean :rolleyes:

Cheers for the offer though

:icon_cheers:

Just sampled my swap beer after a week in the bottle. Tastes exactly how I imagined 100g of cascade as I drained into the cube would!
Is there a recipe thread? Would be interested to see what everyone is brewing.

I've got 200g of Challenger (2010 - 7%) that I'm going to bring along to the case swap if anyone is keen to purchase off me. I'll have them in 100g bags. $6 per 100g.

Let me know if you are keen.

I've got 200g of Challenger (2010 - 7%) that I'm going to bring along to the case swap if anyone is keen to purchase off me. I'll have them in 100g bags. $6 per 100g.

Let me know if you are keen.

though I may get into a bit of trouble for it, put me down for 100g...

the freezer is filling up with hops but I could always do with another packet of something Ive not tried :lol:

:icon_drunk:

Back