Vic Xmas Case Swap 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a first trial Black IPA thats looking like being renamed an American Brown ale, bottling this weekend.

You wouldn't happen to have any of that 1272 on slant would you?
Nope, sorry. I don't slant any of my yeast. I really should, as it would save me a heap of money buying yeast

Gotta get the meat order into the Delightful Haugheys Butcher Shop just down the road, in July he did a pretty good job of some Lamb and some Pork, I rekon we could have gone a fraction more,

maybe a bit of goat?

Should I just go ahead and order 4kg of each Lamb Pork and Goat? Happy to organise the spit again if thats what we want?

Yob

Gotta get the meat order into the Delightful Haugheys Butcher Shop just down the road, in July he did a pretty good job of some Lamb and some Pork, I rekon we could have gone a fraction more,

maybe a bit of goat?

Should I just go ahead and order 4kg of each Lamb Pork and Goat? Happy to organise the spit again if thats what we want?

Yob
Yo mate. If I can help out at all, let me know. You did an awesome job in July organising that. Would be good to return the favour.

I just tasted a sample of my galaxy ale... I'm thinking of pulling out. It's too good to share! So much galaxy goodness and I have another 160g I'm tempted to add dry (in other thread).

Would be good to return the favour.

He's just down the road from me mate so is no drama, I would maybe like a bit of help in other areas though, what time can you be on hand on the day? presume you will be here for the brewin?

will post something in the brewday topic to get the feel of whats going to be possible on the day as I understand that it is also the Grain Bulkbuy day :eek:

a busy day for many

He's just down the road from me mate so is no drama, I would maybe like a bit of help in other areas though, what time can you be on hand on the day? presume you will be here for the brewin?

will post something in the brewday topic to get the feel of whats going to be possible on the day as I understand that it is also the Grain Bulkbuy day :eek:

a busy day for many
Not getting anything from the bulk buy, though I should see if someone wants to split some munich.

Can get there pretty early to help setup mate. I'll just get someone to drop me off and I'll see if I get another brew down soon (have nothing on except the swap beer), I may be able to bring a keg of scottish ale. If it's brewed in time, I'll organise a bucket and I can bring my gas bottle and reg. Or I can just bring my gas and reg and we can use it to top up the other kegs.

Just realised last night that I have bottled half of my case swap ESB in my good Coopers crown seal bottles. Goddamn it, case swap virgin not thinking. <_<

Hopefully some of you guys will return the favor!

Just bottled mine.
I did all glass in July and I was shitting myself the whole way on the bumpy roads. Ended up getting more than half back in PET, which was a lot easier to transport, lighter to carry which is nice for my piss weak spine.

I am a bit of a glass purist, never have used PET, but after having so many good swap beers from the PETS I am a convert, obviously not for anything i want to age.
So off to LHBS and bought 15 Coppertun AKA Brewcraft bottles to add to my new PET collection, ******* 2 of them have holes in them and starting leaking about half way through filling. I decanted via funnel and tube into other bottles which I designated as testers.

So i got out what glass i have = 6 and filled them as I lost faith in my new PETS, stick to coopers plastic i guess...?
Hopefully none of the others bust a nut upon carbing, only aiming for 2.1 volumes so fingers crossed.
Il bring all the glass ones for any other glass users that want same back.

everyone got a lovely Coopers bottle with a label in the July Swap 1.JPG, (Quality Warb Label)

It all depends on the cleaned bottles ive got on hand at the time... ;)

If Batch A) beer fails {just like July} then batch B) goes to the swap - Batch A) and B) could either be coopers or twist simply depending on what was crated at the time..

that reminds me to get some new label art sent off to the Warbster :D

everyone got a lovely Coopers bottle with a label in the July Swap View attachment 49720, (Quality Warb Label)

It all depends on the cleaned bottles ive got on hand at the time... ;)

If Batch A) beer fails {just like July} then batch B) goes to the swap - Batch A) and B) could either be coopers or twist simply depending on what was crated at the time..

that reminds me to get some new label art sent off to the Warbster :D

Your label was pretty sweet... :super:

Just bottled mine.
I did all glass in July and I was shitting myself the whole way on the bumpy roads. Ended up getting more than half back in PET, which was a lot easier to transport, lighter to carry which is nice for my piss weak spine.

I am a bit of a glass purist, never have used PET, but after having so many good swap beers from the PETS I am a convert, obviously not for anything i want to age.
So off to LHBS and bought 15 Coppertun AKA Brewcraft bottles to add to my new PET collection, ******* 2 of them have holes in them and starting leaking about half way through filling. I decanted via funnel and tube into other bottles which I designated as testers.

So i got out what glass i have = 6 and filled them as I lost faith in my new PETS, stick to coopers plastic i guess...?
Hopefully none of the others bust a nut upon carbing, only aiming for 2.1 volumes so fingers crossed.
Il bring all the glass ones for any other glass users that want same back.
I've only ever used the coopers PET from Big W or Kmart. Never had a problem with them. Cheap too, from $12-15 for a box of 15

Just put my name in as a non swapper. Never been to one of these before, so I'm happily a virgin. Im helping manticle with the bulk buy that morning too. So what's expected of me to bring?

Yourself and any beer you wish to share. Probably ten bucks or so to chuck towards the spit, a sense of humour and an acceptance of nerdiness.

Still 2 spots to fill on the list.

Are you non swap attendees sure you have nothing to swap? :icon_drunk:

im happy to keep three bottles for myself! :chug:

Ahh, yes. My case swap ESB has been in the bottle for 4 weeks, I cracked one open today and it's not half bad. Happy to keep a few extra bottles to myself if it works out that way ;)

So what's expected of me to bring?

:icon_drunk:

Yourself and any beer you wish to share. Probably ten bucks or so to chuck towards the spit, a sense of humour and an acceptance of nerdiness.

^ + a camera is always good value too.. :lol: here's a sample from the last swap :lol:

1.JPG

:party: [edit] stoopid chair.. where do you think YOURE going???

Just changed my status on the wiki to 'not attending' Work xmas party will be on the same day, still in for the swap though. I'm still enjoying some ales from the last swap.

I may be able to upgrade myself. I have nothing at the moment worth swapping is the problem.

is the actual swap the 10th dec? what time?

Latest posts

Back