Vic "off Season" Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Bulp (confirmed, 9am, AG TDA's Fly blown Belgian)
2. Barra im (in for the 7th at 9am)
3. Fraser John
4. P&L Brazil (confirmed, 9am, A Ross summer ale using the wacky No kettle hops/only cube hops idea)
5. Seemax (confirmed, 9am, AG Amber Ale or Wheat Bix Wit depending on how it turns out)
6. Jason Glare( confirmed,9am,possibly porter with some home made malts)
7. Haysie
8. Leigh (confirmed for 7th@9) Amber Ale is in the fermentor so that's what'll hit the bottles early next week!
9. Brendo (confirmed, 9ish. Either an extract golden ale (fermenting) - or my 1st AG (if time allows) )
10. Breezy (confirmed, 9am. SNPA clone. Partial)
11. Maple (accepted@post74, 9am is fine, possibly an AG Roggenbier if it works out)
12. sappas (accepted@post74)

Just got back this morning, remembered this thread,,,, that date is no good, I thought of passing too Leigh for delivery, yet what i just bottled/kegged was a lazzy beer (no style) and it was bland! Not worthy of participation.
My other beer in stage ATM, is a 1094 english barleywine, drinkable about 6 months + from now.

5 weeks is no where near enough with our current extreme temps too provide a worthwhile beer.
All the best guys, and if things are going to happen out at G @ G, I`ll stick my head to say g`day,.

Cheers
Haysie

3. Fraser John
4. P&L Brazil (confirmed, 9am, A Ross summer ale using the wacky No kettle hops/only cube hops idea)
5. Seemax (confirmed, 9am, AG Amber Ale or Wheat Bix Wit depending on how it turns out)
8. Leigh (confirmed for 7th@9) Amber Ale is in the fermentor so that's what'll hit the bottles early next week!
9. Brendo (confirmed, 9ish. Either an extract golden ale (fermenting) - or my 1st AG (if time allows) )
11. Maple (accepted@post74, 9am is fine, possibly an AG Roggenbier if it works out)
12. sappas (accepted@post74

so who's gonna jump into spot number 7 ?? and fraser john are you in ?

Apologies guys, just had a preview of the Roggenbier I made, and this is not something that I would put my name to. As such, I regretfully withdrawal my position in the swap. The heat absolutely killed the beer, and I don't hold any hope for it coming good with time (or thyme either). There's really no time in my schedule to get another done in time for this. Again sorry for late piking on this.

3. Fraser John

Apologies guys, just had a preview of the Roggenbier I made, and this is not something that I would put my name to. As such, I regretfully withdrawal my position in the swap. The heat absolutely killed the beer, and I don't hold any hope for it coming good with time (or thyme either). There's really no time in my schedule to get another done in time for this. Again sorry for late piking on this.

Now the heats subsided, I'm going to bottle mine tonight...hoping the heat hasn't destroyed it too as the house has been at a minimum of 29 all week :(

Hey guys - just wanting to make sure that we are still going ahead with this one.

No activity for a while, so I thought I would give it a bump and see if we can look to nail down a meeting place.

Any Westies want to put up some ideas - last I saw was a cafe or similar in the Williamstown/Yarraville area.

Brendo

Hey guys - just wanting to make sure that we are still going ahead with this one.

No activity for a while, so I thought I would give it a bump and see if we can look to nail down a meeting place.

Any Westies want to put up some ideas - last I saw was a cafe or similar in the Williamstown/Yarraville area.

Brendo

im a little out of touch with the cafe scene these days but im sure theres something in the main street of yarraville
, if all else fails we can meet up at yarraville gardens which is only about a kilometer away from grain and grape , have a chat and disperse , but im sure someone has a better option , theres always williamstown too but thats generally busy on weekends

3. Fraser John
7. apd (my first ever lager)

I'll take lucky 7. I have my first ever lager that I'm not too sure about (lagered for over 5 months because I was too busy/lazy to bottle, frozen at one point). Wife likes it but I'd love some other opinions. Not sure why others are dropping out with supposedly poor beers. This is a great opportunity to get some feedback.

Swap place options:

There's a great place in Seddon called Touks, cnr Victoria & Charles Sts.

Also, there's the Urban Orchard at Grasslands, 211 Nicholson St, Footscray which is a vegie swap kind of thing happening on 7 March (happens first Sat every month). Although, it starts at 10am. If we're in the spirit of swapping, we could do our swap there and bring any other produce as well. If you want to bring extra brews, I suppose you could swap them for some vegies. See http://maribyrnong-leader.whereilive.com.a...food-swap-meets).

Andrew

meeting at a cafe to swap and talk about beer???

deary me boys....

this is true fents , im sure theres a decent pub somewhere nearby

this is true fents , im sure theres a decent pub somewhere nearby

Firstly, I doubt there's a decent pub open at 9am.

Secondly, I think the idea was to have a relatively quick meet and swap, not to make a session out of it. At least, that's how I'm reading the rest of the thread.

Andrew

Hi All,

Ours is now safely in the bottle. We're a bit nervous about unleashing it on our peers - but I guess that's the point.

No ideas on cafes - I'll just turn up where I'm told

Cheers

Breezy

OK. I've got an APA bottled and have just put down my first ever Belgian Strong Ale although I'm not really sure how this will turn out and it won't be ready in time anyway.

There is a bunch of cafe's in the Ballarat Street in Yarraville which is a few streets back from G&G. I'm not a local so am not familiar with any of them:
Cafe Fidama - 34 Ballarat Street, Yarraville - http://www.cafefidama.com.au/
Cafe Bopha - 27 Ballarat Street, Yarraville - http://www.bophadevi.com/
Feedback Cafe - 31 Ballarat Street, Yarraville - 9689 1955
Java Cafe - 12 Ballarat Street, Yarraville - 9687 3300

There could be more...

sap.

feedback and fidama were good a few years back , havent been in ages , so i dunno bout now, ill go for a drive over the next few days and see if theres a place to park nearby so we arent carrying grates of booze all about the streets to one anothers cars

So is this AG only? Ive got an extract amber ale conditioning atm (only my second brew and haven't tasted it yet :p) im interested in getting some feedback and sampling some of the AG brews (im currently getting my AG setup together). But i dont want to ruin the swap with my possibly mediocre beer :unsure:

Cheers,

Tim.

Although not the organiser, i would say the swap is open to all brewers, no AG elistism going on here.

I've tasted good kit beer and very average AG so brewing method alone doesn't guarantee success!

This is a good chance to get some feedback... so pls feel free to join!

So is this AG only? Ive got an extract amber ale conditioning atm (only my second brew and haven't tasted it yet :p ) im interested in getting some feedback and sampling some of the AG brews (im currently getting my AG setup together). But i dont want to ruin the swap with my possibly mediocre beer :unsure:

Cheers,

Tim.

No restriction on brewing method - I was planning on presenting my first AG, but that brew session hasn't happened as yet (don't you hate it when life gets in the way) so i will be going with an extract or partial mash number that I have prepared earlier.

Brendo

feedback and fidama were good a few years back , havent been in ages , so i dunno bout now, ill go for a drive over the next few days and see if theres a place to park nearby so we arent carrying grates of booze all about the streets to one anothers cars

Street Parking will definitely be a bugger in Yarraville although at 9am it might be ok. There is a carpark for the IGA near Ballarat St.

Andrew

Back