Vic "off Season" Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to put some names to faces for the Vic contingent fellas, looking forward to some tasters as soon as their cold. Kelly put us all to shame though ordering the first beer of the day while we were sipping on coffee :lol: . Lookin fwd to catchin up again for some beers.

Cheers

Brett

Kelly put us all to shame though ordering the first beer of the day while we were sipping on coffee :lol: .
Cheers

Brett
SSSHHHHHH nobody is meant to know that the illustrious Victorian men were drinking latte's while the women were drinking the beers. :lol: :p

At least the coffee was stronger than the water of some LOL

Good to meet a few more Vic brewers.

A word of warning, don't drink my beer (labeled "8AA") for a few weeks...it was VERY green last night when I tasted it!

Kelly put us all to shame though ordering the first beer of the day while we were sipping on coffee :lol: .

That's my girl... :icon_cheers:

Good to catch up guys and put some faces to names. Looking forward to sampling the brews submitted by people. As you can tell from the bottle - mine is not a Golden Ale, but rather an extract Vienna Lager.

Looking forward to posting some comments as I blow the froth off of a few soon.

Brendo

A word of warning, don't drink my beer (labeled "8AA") for a few weeks...it was VERY green last night when I tasted it!

Likewise with mine, marked with a '7' A or B in the plastic bottles. Only bottled Thu night.

Great to meat you all.

Andrew

OK... so whose beers CAN we drink now? :p

all beers made it home OK - but if there are any that would benefit from some more carbing/conditioning time, let us know fellas.

Mine is definitely good to go...

Also guys, if your beer style isn't in the list somewhere, might be an idea to let us know what we will be cracking the top on shortly.

Cheers,

Brendo

Great to meet everyone. Mine is a Golden Ale (bottled in stubbies - sorry) using Dr Smurto's recipe from the RecipeDB and should be good to go now.

I've got two bottles that look similar/the same and feel I may have grabbed the same bottle twice. Dan, Gumby, I suspect that one of you used black caps - is this correct?

I'm a bit of a swap case virgin so I'd just like to say it's great to be able to get involved. Not sure how you normally manage the feedback/comments, but I noticed in a recent WA case swap post they used a separate thread which was heavily moderated/managed to keep it neat and tidy. Is this something everyone is open to? Or should I just shut-up and crawl back under my rock...

sap.

all beers made it home OK - but if there are any that would benefit from some more carbing/conditioning time, let us know fellas.

Also guys, if your beer style isn't in the list somewhere, might be an idea to let us know what we will be cracking the top on shortly.

Cheers,

Brendo

Mine's the unlabeled bottle with the black cap, it's an extract amber ale made using this recipe. It's been in the bottle about 3 weeks now, should be good to go but another week or two probably wont hurt it either :)

Cheers,

Brendo

Good to see you all this morning guys. Sorry I couldn't stick around for a glass of water:)

Our SNPA clone's been in the bottle 18 days now. I just had a pint of it and happily declare it good to go.

Our next brew night is Tuesday, so I'm looking forward to getting the boys focussed on a bit of tasting while we're waiting for the pot to boil...

Cheers

Breezy

my beer with a 2 on the cap is ready to drink ....

also reg im happy to start the thread on the xmas in july but i dont have the venue to run the swap at in any case might leave it for another few weeks..

Needs to be out east this time...the last two big swaps and small swaps have all been in the west/north.

Anyway, first tasting:

2. Barra - Southern German Lager

IT'S A BOY!

Opened fine, poured a glass of head, sat the bottle down to wait for the head to clear in the glass and low and behold the bottle erupted in a 2inch high fountain! Even after pouring a full glass of beer the bottle continued to overflow.

That aside, a pale yellow lager that was very clean and crisp. Nice mild malty flavours with very well balanced hop flavours.

A perfect beer after a day of cutting down trees :)

Compiled this list which might make it easier for identification and tasting:

1. BULP - TDA's Fly blown Belgian (Red Malty Bliss Piss)
2. Barra - Southern German Lager Ready
3. Fraser John – Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale Ready (going on the brew date)
4. Dan – Canadian Blonde
5. Seemax - Wheat Bix Wit
6. Jason Glare - porter with some home made malts
7. apd - my first ever lager (Plastic "7a" or "7b") Leave 2-3 weeks
8. Leigh - Amber Ale ("8AA") Leave 2-3 weeks
9. Brendo - Vienna Lager. Ready
10. Breezy - SNPA Ready
11. Gumby - amber ale (black Caps) Ready
12. sappas - Dr Smurtos Golden Ale (stubbies) Ready

If there's any errors, please fix :D

3. Fraser John Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale Ready (going on the brew date)
4. Dan Canadian Blonde
7. apd - 7A (Glass bottles) lager - ready now; 7B (Pastic bottles) very pale ale - leave 2-3 weeks
10. Breezy - SNPA Ready

Compiled this list which might make it easier for identification and tasting:

3. Fraser John Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale Ready (going on the brew date)
4. Dan Canadian Blonde
7. apd - my first ever lager (Plastic "7a" or "7b") Leave 2-3 weeks
10. Breezy - SNPA Ready

If there's any errors, please fix :D

Fraser John also had a Dr Smurtos Golden Ale (also ready according to brew date)

Cheers Gumby. The one I've got say its a NSSA. I wonder how many of each there were?

Needs to be out east this time...the last two big swaps and small swaps have all been in the west/north.

Anyway, first tasting:

2. Barra - Southern German Lager

IT'S A BOY!

Opened fine, poured a glass of head, sat the bottle down to wait for the head to clear in the glass and low and behold the bottle erupted in a 2inch high fountain! Even after pouring a full glass of beer the bottle continued to overflow.

That aside, a pale yellow lager that was very clean and crisp. Nice mild malty flavours with very well balanced hop flavours.

A perfect beer after a day of cutting down trees :)

BTW leigh someone has started a tasting thread , you may wanna dupilcate your post there ,

looks like you might have just volunteered to host the next swap leigh...

thats what i was worried about with my beer , same thing happened last time i taste tested it , was a touch over excited out of the bottle ..

Latest posts

Back