Vic "off Season" Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Agreed - glass is best, but PET if you have to.

2. Have voted.

3. Happy enough with west side (east would be great next time) and G & G or local to gets my vote.

Brendo

1. Bulp
2. Barra
3. Fraser John
4. P&L Brazil
6. Seemax
7. Jason Glare
8. Haysie
9. Leigh
10. Hair of the Dog
11. Brendo
12. Breezy (SNPA clone. Partial)

Sorry Guys but work has been flat out lately and we are having to work heaps of overtime to cover a bloke off sick.
I am going to pull out now as I dont think I will be able to put a beer down soon, hopefully this gives someone else the opportunity to participate.
If I can get down for a coffee on the day I will join you blokes on the day.

Cheers
Reg

1. Bulp
2. Barra
3. Fraser John
4. P&L Brazil
6. Seemax
7. Jason Glare
8. Haysie
9. Leigh
11. Brendo
12. Breezy (SNPA clone. Partial)

sorry guys im defenitly out way to busy

OK, things are firming up here

Date:
Votes are in for the date and there is an unassailable lead to the morning of Saturday 7th March. Lock it in. (only 6 1/2 weeks. GET BREWING! :beerbang: )

Bottles:
Glass if you can. PET if you can't.

Venue:
Coffee place on West side of town. Close to G&G if possible. Open to suggestions. Happy to find a place if don't get any.

Still to be finalised:

Particpants:
We are down to 10, which leaves a couple of spots up for grabs for anyone who wants to jump in late.
Now we have date, we can all confirm our attendance. I'll start a list below.

Time:
I should have put this in the poll. My kids get me up early. I'd be happy with anywhere from 9-10. Or if anyone is eager, even earlier :ph34r:
Add you preference of time to the list (G&G opens at 9am btw)

Brews:
Add the beer your planning on to the list

Cheers
Paul
:icon_chickcheers:

1. Bulp
2. Barra
3. Fraser John
4. P&L Brazil (confirmed, 9am, A Ross summer ale using the wacky No kettle hops/only cube hops idea)
5. Seemax
6. Jason Glare
7. Haysie
8. Leigh
9. Brendo
10. Breezy (SNPA clone. Partial)

Was about to add my name to the list, but just realised that 7 March will fall on the Labour Day long weekend. This could effect me so I'd better pause to think before I commit!

mmm sure its a good idea to do this on a long weekend ?
did anyone else realise that ??

Im still Ok with it. Not sure if everyone eralised or not, but that weekend was the clear pick of the poll.

Let's see how we go with confirmations first and if needed make another call on the date.

Suggest a cut off for confirmations of Sunday 25th

Cheers
Paul

1. Bulp
2. Barra
3. Fraser John
4. P&L Brazil (confirmed, 9am, A Ross summer ale using the wacky No kettle hops/only cube hops idea)
5. Seemax
6. Jason Glare
7. Haysie
8. Leigh
9. Brendo
10. Breezy (confirmed, 9am. SNPA clone. Partial)

That date works for me, ended up booking a holiday in late Feb instead of the labour day weekend.

1. Bulp
2. Barra
3. Fraser John
5. Seemax (confirmed, 9am, AG Amber Ale or Wheat Bix Wit depending on how it turns out)
6. Jason Glare
7. Haysie
8. Leigh
9. Brendo

I'd happily take up one of the spots, but will give it up if one of the other guys who were looking at getting in earlier still want in.

That date works for me, ended up booking a holiday in late Feb instead of the labour day weekend.

1. Bulp
2. Barra
3. Fraser John
5. Seemax (confirmed, 9am, AG Amber Ale or Wheat Bix Wit depending on how it turns out)
6. Jason Glare
7. Haysie
8. Leigh
9. Brendo
11. Maple (awaiting acceptance, 9am is fine, possibly an AG Roggenbier if it works out)

OK... I am confirmed for the 7/3 at 9am (ish - will be travelling from across town).

1. Bulp
2. Barra
3. Fraser John
6. Jason Glare
7. Haysie
8. Leigh
9. Brendo (confirmed, 9ish. Either an extract golden ale (fermenting) - or my 1st AG (if time allows) )
11. Maple (awaiting acceptance, 9am is fine, possibly an AG Roggenbier if it works out)

I am out on the long w/e due to commitments to Geelong Highland Gathering. Unless I can get Bulp to bring mine, I can give them to him on the open brew day in February? I'll PM him in case he does not read this.

John

If you're still open to 12, I'd like to step in at number 12. OK with March 7th around 9AM somewhere in/around Yarraville.

1. Bulp
2. Barra
3. Fraser John
6. Jason Glare
7. Haysie
8. Leigh
9. Brendo (confirmed, 9ish. Either an extract golden ale (fermenting) - or my 1st AG (if time allows) )
12. sappas (awaiting acceptance)

I'm in for the 7th march @ 9am at G+G or thereabouts, and i'll pick up Fraser johns swap beers at his brew day. :icon_cheers:

1. Bulp (confirmed, 9am, AG TDA's Fly blown Belgian)
2. Barra
3. Fraser John
6. Jason Glare
7. Haysie
8. Leigh

OK. Having never been involved in one of these, how does it work? Do I just bring along 12 bottles of brew and away we go? Is it acceptable to bring along 24 stubbies in lieu of 12 bottles?

sappas.

You got it. Bring your brew (K&K, partial, AG, whaetever) in 12 tallies. Get together, talk beer, etc swap bottles, off ya go.

Usually followed by a long tasting thread.

Good chance to meet other brewers and try a range of beer styles.

Long necks make it a lot easier, I guess if it's only 1 person with stubbies I'm ok.

OK. Having never been involved in one of these, how does it work? Do I just bring along 12 bottles of brew and away we go? Is it acceptable to bring along 24 stubbies in lieu of 12 bottles?

sappas.
bottles are better if you can , but i know i for one wouldnt exclude someone due to the fact they had stubbies , which reminds me i gotta round up a few bottles ...

2. Barra im (in for the 7th at 9am)
3. Fraser John
6. Jason Glare
7. Haysie
8. Leigh

fraser john im hopin to come to your brew day too , so i might be able to assist with your beer transport if i do turn up

sappas.

Tallies would be better/easier to manage, but if stubbies are your only option then I think that is OK - as long as not everyone is doing it, it shouldn't be a drama.

2. Barra im (in for the 7th at 9am)
3. Fraser John
6. Jason Glare
7. Haysie
8. Leigh (confirmed for 7th@9) Amber Ale is in the fermentor so that's what'll hit the bottles early next week!
11. Maple (accepted@post74, 9am is fine, possibly an AG Roggenbier if it works out)
12. sappas (accepted@post74)

Latest posts

Back