Vic "off Season" Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes was thinking it would be good to cap it at 12 people, preferably 750 ml glass beer bottles ....

I dont have a capper unfortunatley. But have plenty of pet bottles from the days before kegs though.

+1 for West side of city for meeting. Plenty of places round G&G to meet up if there are only 12 of us. Haven't been to the Station hotel since they did it up, but that's only down the road. Some 3 Ravens, LC etc on tap.
http://www.thestationhotel.com.au/beer-menu.html

Depending on how my current beers turn out (no kettle hopped, as per Thirsty Boy's interesting idea in "Beat the hop shortage"), I'll be doing an Summer Ale or something along those lines. Something with a bit of hop flavour and med-low bitterness. So for better or worse they'll be a few more informed opinions on that topic by the end of March.
That is unless the beer is crap. In which case...style TBC

yes was thinking it would be good to cap it at 12 people, preferably 750 ml glass beer bottles ....

Good, coz for some reason I reckon the PET makes the beer taste different, probably just me! So I bottle my excess keg beer into champagne bottles.

I agree glass is best, but I have PET's handy for those times when I need to bottle quickly and can't be bothered using my old hand capper.

I also have wine bottles with screw tops. Imagine turning up to a BBQ with odd wine bottles full of home brew (I tell them it's craft beer) - it's either a disapproving look or people keen to ask questions!

The story so far ....

Bulp
Barra
Fraser John
P&L Brazil
Reg
Seemax
Jason Glare

i think thats everyone who has put their name down so far , so that makes it just ove the half way mark if we call it a 12 bottle swap ...
anyone else feel free to add to the list and get on board ...

Sounds fun again!
PET or normal though? Plastic beer is at most times detriment to the style.
Glass I am in, plastic no way.

Haysie

A dozen glass, no problem...

1. Bulp
2. Barra
3. Fraser John
4. P&L Brazil
5. Reg
6. Seemax
7. Jason Glare
8. Haysie
9. Leigh

PS Haysie, might have to edit your signature given the Tigers decision on Cousins :(

Sounds fun again!
PET or normal though? Plastic beer is at most times detriment to the style.
Glass I am in, plastic no way.

Haysie

glass has my vote, haysie ...

leigh good work with the numbering ...

p&L Brazil if ya wanna borrow a capper let me know ...

just had a thought , depending on how many we get on this one might be an idea to make it 14 bottles so we can use milk crates seeing 14 bottles fit nice and snuggly into one .. just a suggestion ...
in anycase we havent hit 12 swappers yet ...

im in fellers just depending on venue the closer to the city(maybe in the city ?) the keener i am :chug:

Sounds good to me...

1. Bulp
2. Barra
3. Fraser John
4. P&L Brazil
5. Reg
6. Seemax
7. Jason Glare
8. Haysie
9. Leigh
10. Hair of the Dog
11. Brendo

Lets have a call for the venue, maybe the original poster Brasil could make a call.
Of high importance would also be the date?

Leigh.. good call re. Benny, poor ole Tigers might finish umm, errm, ummm 9th AGAIN!!! Before the next swap>>. edited. B)

Haysie.

p.s dont clash dates with Beerfest.

missed #21, good call

Hi All,

All my brewmates are AWOL at the moment, but I'll commit us nonetheless:

1. Bulp
2. Barra
3. Fraser John
4. P&L Brazil
5. Reg
6. Seemax
7. Jason Glare
8. Haysie
9. Leigh
10. Hair of the Dog
11. Brendo
12. Breezy (SNPA clone. Partial)

Cheers

Breezy

Hello all,

Looks like there are twelve on the list, but if anyone was keen on that 14 bottle milk crate idea I'd certainly come along as #13. Haven't attended a swap before. I have a munich dunkel partial, plus whatever gets brewed in the next week or two. If I got in too late, there's always next time.

Hello all,

Looks like there are twelve on the list, but if anyone was keen on that 14 bottle milk crate idea I'd certainly come along as #13. Haven't attended a swap before. I have a munich dunkel partial, plus whatever gets brewed in the next week or two. If I got in too late, there's always next time.

+1 for that. Our brewery is extensively based on milk crates.

I am happy enough with either of those... was happy enough with the idea of somewhere close to G&G as well... although I am sure that the SWMBO will be happier if that doesn't transpire - might not come home with as many toys :rolleyes:

Oh and I would probably vote early march rather than Feb - mid/late Feb is somewhat busy... although last weekend in Feb could be OK.

Brendo

*edit just for timing*

Hello all,

see how it goes notung , im happy to go to 14 , what does everyone else think , if its to be 12 then it looks like your first emergency

Back