Vic Mirco Breweroes Showcase - Fed Square Tonight!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fents

Not a Beer God
Reaction score
I cant belive this has just popped up again...and its on tonight.........wtf?

Victorian Microbreweries Showcase

Explore and taste the amazing variety of fresh, full flavoured beers made locally by Victoria's leading boutique and microbreweries - right in the heart of the city at Fed Square.
Featuring microbreweries from all over Melbourne and Victoria, this is a wonderful opportunity to meet the brewers and discover the secrets of the state's great beers.

Where: The Atrium @ Fed Square

When: 17th & 18th October 2007

Time: 4.30pm - 8.00pm

Cost: Tasting tickets $25 (plus $2 deposit) -includes 20 tastings (60ml) and $5 food voucher

Microbreweries participating in the October showcase include:

Matilda Bay
Mountain Goat Brewery
Temple Brewing Company
The 3 Ravens Brewing Co.
Bridge Road Brewery
Buckley's Beers
Grand Ridge Brewery
Hargreave's Hill Brewing Company
Holgate Brewhouse
Jamieson Brewery
Mildura Brewery
Red Duck
What's Brewing Co.

I went to the last one and im sure it was only in June or July this year? hmmm

So who's game ? i really enjoyed it last time byt its a bit last minute to organise my shit now.

I went yesterday and it was pretty quiet but I expect they'll get a few more along tonight.
Give yourself plenty of time - they turned the taps off shortly after 8 last night and we still had a handfull of tickets <_<

So, if (hypothetically), one swiped a glass and still had tasting tickets from the last showcase...

Don't forget there will be a showcase of some of Victoria's smallest breweries on November 24 in Collingwood!

Yep - $2 deposit for a glass & tell them you've got tix leftover from last night - they were happy for people to come back.

Yep, I think i'll wait til the 24th. This ones a bit pricey!

...and how did you not drink 1.2 litres of beer in 3.5 hours? :p

sorry guys i should have posted about it earlier to let everyone know, i get an e-mail from fed square a couple weeks befor the microbrew showcase comes up.

didn't bother going this time around, they jacked the price up 5 bucks and there's never anything new there. someone start a new micro please, so we can get rid of that god awfull grand ridge stuff

Doesn't the extra five dollars cover the 'five dollar food voucher'?

They weren't asking for a glass deposit at the one I went to - perhaps too many people were walking away with the glasses...

Yep, I think i'll wait til the 24th. This ones a bit pricey!

...and how did you not drink 1.2 litres of beer in 3.5 hours? :p

Cos it was only 1 1/2 hrs <_< and we were yacking away and suddenly it's 5 to 8
Still it was enough to get through the ones I wanted to try.

Doesn't the extra five dollars cover the 'five dollar food voucher'?

They weren't asking for a glass deposit at the one I went to - perhaps too many people were walking away with the glasses...

yeah it does but last time i ate at that place 5 bucks wouldn't even get you a sausage and a peice of bread

dam those glass stealers! *closes the doors on his bar so no one can see all the small glasses*

-Phill

someone start a new micro please, so we can get rid of that god awfull grand ridge stuff
:lol: I second that.
I gave them the benefit of the doubt and bought some more beers last week to see if they'd got their sh1t together.
They haven't.
How the feck can they claim to have won all that silverware with the crap they put in a bottle?
Well, unfortunately someone's obviously buying the stuff, keeping them in business.
Rant over.

yeah it does but last time i ate at that place 5 bucks wouldn't even get you a sausage and a peice of bread

Hmmmm... *thinks* ... What if a Saturday Bunnings Sausage in Bread cost you five dollars and you got a tumbler of home brew as a gift? I think it is the *one* thing that is missing from the Bunnings experience. B)

I agree also, my old man was given some Grand Ridge and I thought hey, it's got to be ok with all those medals. Nope, it's bloody awful!

With regards to the glass's, I thought we were given them, oops! :huh:

geez, how often do they do this? This must be the 3rd time this year... too late notice for me this time.

I'll go to the next one in Feb or March...

Andrei

sorry guys i should have posted about it earlier to let everyone know, i get an e-mail from fed square a couple weeks befor the microbrew showcase comes up.

didn't bother going this time around, they jacked the price up 5 bucks and there's never anything new there. someone start a new micro please, so we can get rid of that god awfull grand ridge stuff

http://www.otwayestate.com.au/beer.htm

If you see some of these give them a go, I've had the Otway Ale and their white beer, I liked them both mind you, I'm not very fussy, I'll even drink Carlton Draught if someone else is paying :)

Don't forget there will be a showcase of some of Victoria's smallest breweries on November 24 in Collingwood!

Spills,

Any details of the smallest breweries in collingwood on Nov 24th?

Who are the breweries, and what's the event?

Is there a website?

Cheers.

I see this is on again tomorrow and Thursday night.
Is it worth attending? I might be able to make it for the Thursday session for a couple of hours.

C&B
TDA

I go every second or third time they have it on, just because its a chance to meet some beer lovers and , maybe try one or two new beers.....

If you haven't been on a quest for the last couple of years like me, and haven't pretty much tasted all the beers from all the Vic micros.. then its much better. You'll get to try a fair few new beers. There will be some great ones, and you will also learn that just having the balls and the money to set-up up or buy a microbrewery..... doesn't mean you can make good beer. Its a learning experience either way.

I recommend the Wednesday instead of the Thursday, and get there at right on 4:30 or even a little earlier. When its not so busy you get a chance to have a chat to the brewers, and you don't have to shoulder your way through throngs of the great unwashed.

I'll be there on Wednesday right at start time, along with Mrs Thirsty, Spillsmostofit and maybe a couple of others. Come along for a beer or 15

Cheers

Thirsty

I haven't been yet, but hoping to make it Thursday night!

We need AHB badges :)

Q

Back