Vic July 2012 Caseswap!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By some miracle I've managed to bottle my brew... wiki updated (took #4 spot).

I plan on coming down once I finsih work (3PM). If I remember correctly there is a keg setup there yes? If so I'll bring a keg of my English IPA for you folks to try.

Another great day as always. A massive thanks to Trippers for opening up his house as host - love your work mate, along with Fents on food patrol.

Great catching up with everyone and thanks for the beers I tried - looking forward to tucking into the swap beers soon.

Cheers

Brendo

Got a chunk of my essay done so I could come yesterday only to be told that we had lunch on for the mother in birthday.... Will aim for attendance at xmas swap.

Now start posting pics

Thanks to trippers for the day, was fantastic and much fun was had.

The Brew session was not without incident though

1.JPG

Mash Tun at the beginning.

2.JPG

Mash tun After collapse of the table, Well done to Manticle for catching it and saving the larger portion of the mash

3.JPG

Note to self.. Do not use fold out tables

4.JPG

Swift cleanup was required, not a huge amount was lost so it really could have been worse.

5.JPG

Some people were in good form :beerbang:

6.JPG

I love this sight, :icon_drool2:

7.JPG

Well done to the boys on the spit

8.JPG

We demolished that bad boy :D

Once again, thanks to Trippers for a great day, I will be sure to drop a bottle or two over at some point of the BDG.

:icon_cheers:

Great day guys, good to meet everyone and drink a few, that lamb was incredible - thanks to trippers and fents for the hosting & food.

Another great caseswap afternoon/night. Good to catch up with some old faces, and meet some new ones.

I have updated the wiki article with my Ready To Drink status.

Can all the swappers update the article to let us know if and when (cough, Seemax, cough) your beer will be ready.

I need to work out the biere de garde yeasts. Some people gave me cash - not sure if you got yeast in return.

It's all in Trippers' fridge along with my hops.

Awesome Swap :D . Have to say a big thanks to Trippers for hosting and to Fents and everyone else who was involved in making it such a great day.

Thanks for hosting Trippers. I enjoyed the day. Good to put faces to usernames/avatars.

I've updated my beer in the article.

I've swapped a malt driven Amber. It's ready to drink now but it would benefit from a month or so more.

Enjoy!

I need to work out the biere de garde yeasts. Some people gave me cash - not sure if you got yeast in return.

It's all in Trippers' fridge along with my hops.

Those on this list, let me know if it's easier to pick up from Trippers or from me. Unfortunately trippers is on School Camp this week so won't be till at least next weekend.

1. Manticle - Paid (will pick up yeast)
2. Iamozziyob - Paid
3. Charst - Paid
4. Wolfman - Paid
5. Fents
6. Leigh - Paid

Phenomenal Hangover Yesterday, Hurt me to even think about beer

Had a great day thanks to Trippers and Fents for organising.

Thanks to all those involved in brewing particularly Manticle.

Looking forward to the swap beers but think i'll give my liver a few days off.

Cheers.

@ Manticle, Pick up Yeast from you thanks.

epic day, thanks to everyone for showing up and pissing on! did not taste one bad beer all day.

mant's massive effort on the brew systems, biggup.

top work boys, look fwd to the next.

mant's swing me your bank det's and ill throw the yeast money in and just grab it from trip's fridge.

Awesome day/evening. Food, drink and people were brilliant. Good to meet some new people and catch up again with others.

A big thanks to Fents and Trippers for all their hard work before, during and from the amount of wort on the floor, afterwards too.

Wolfy, I was just leaving as you posted above, you shoulda given me a call.

Manticle, Thanks also goes to you for leading the way on the brewing. I somehow remembered to grab some yeast from the fridge as I left. I just have to remember what Wolfy said at the Club Meet last week about starters.

Bring on the Xmas swap :) :super: :party:

Awsome day/night, thanks to Trippers and family for the lend of the house for the event. Thanks to Fents and Luke (and anyone else) for the support efforts! Great to catch up with old crew and meet some new brewer's.

Since the tasting thread is not up yet, I thought I'd post here:

I don't know how to upload image's unless it's already online, so if anyone can help I'll do that.

Also excuse my lack of creativity and beer description knowledge...

1. Fents - APA

Colour:
Nice golden colour.

Aroma:
Nice spicy hoppy aroma. Is that simco I smell?

Taste:
Nice hoppy taste, not too bitter (something I've been struggling with lately), with a nice hop aftertaste. Again is that simco?

Head/Head Retention:
Not much head, but seemed to keep a little till the end. No real lacing of the glass. Maybe needs a little longer for carbonation due to colder weather.

Overall:
Nice version of an American Pale Ale. Nice work. Would happily have a session on this!

Hi all. Thanks for an awesome day! Loved it... Bloody cold in Canberra for camp. Bring on the Xmas swap. Will I host again. My oath! If people are keen and I haven't been evicted. Got ya pot Yob, no probs grab it whenever it's safe here. Ps leave my smoked marzen a month ot two to let it carb. Cheers boys and gals for a memorable day. Cheers to fents Luke manticle and yob for all their help. Cheers til next time. Trip!
Now where are those 70 kids! Oops :icon_chickcheers:

I've updated the list after cracking one of mine last night - bottle was pretty solid, but the carbonation was not there yet Put it (#22) somewhere warm for a few weeks to finish off - should be good to go end of August at a guess.

Ive got my BDG Yeast spinning on the stir plate ATM, and was just looking at THIS and have no idea what temp I should be brewing this beer... not that I will be pitching till friday but would still be good to know.

Recipe thread

Latest posts

Back