Vic July 2012 Caseswap!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone,

beer and food supplied? surely people are going to be bringing a bit of their own home brew other than the swap beer? I would feel a bit weird showing up empty handed.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone,

beer and food supplied? surely people are going to be bringing a bit of their own home brew other than the swap beer? I would feel a bit weird showing up empty handed.
Swap beer is not for on the day, it is to take home and drink at leisure.

Yes, you will need to bring beer to drink on the day, unless you want to be forever known as "that tightar$e guy who turned up to the caseswap without beer" :D

Work out how much you would normally drink in a heavy drinking session with mates, then triple it, and add 2 additional longnecks. You'll need it :beerbang:

^^^ we have brewed over 110 litres just for the day but we dont expect it will all be drunk (by lunchtime ;) )

one of the best things about swap day is bringing your beers along and receiving feedback from all types of brewers...but when and if you do run out we have you covered ;)

yes! that's what I had assumed, just thrown by the "beer provided" part of the post.

I was planning on bringing plenty - and really keen to get feedback on some of my beers (only been doing AG for about 3 months now, so it will be good to get some feedback from people who actually brew rather than my mates).

:excl: Alpha Acid Problem :excl:

I went to Grain and Grape to day to grab hops and salts for the brew day batch. did a check tonight to find my AA% don't match the recipe.

I have

SAAZ:
150g of 2008 @ 3.1% AA.
40g of 2011 @ 3.2% AA.

Styrian Goldings
80G of 2011 @ 3.4% AA.

not sure how to adjust quantities based on the AA% as the Hop Calc on BeerAlchemy requires recipe info (like wort volumes and gravity) not available (recipe link not working).

I have some extra Saaz Pellets @ 3.4% AA in an unsealed bag in the Freezer I'm happy to top up the quantity but not sure how much is required.

Help please your experienced campaigners!

If anyone coming to the swap is interested in a cutting from my Tettnang plant I have One left and am happy to swap for a couple of your finest.
First to PM is the lucky brewer.

I'll be bringing two cuttings but trippers gets first pick of the two as he's the host.

cheers

:excl: Alpha Acid Problem :excl:

I went to Grain and Grape to day to grab hops and salts for the brew day batch. did a check tonight to find my AA% don't match the recipe.

I have

SAAZ:
150g of 2008 @ 3.1% AA.
40g of 2011 @ 3.2% AA.

Styrian Goldings
80G of 2011 @ 3.4% AA.

not sure how to adjust quantities based on the AA% as the Hop Calc on BeerAlchemy requires recipe info (like wort volumes and gravity) not available (recipe link not working).

I have some extra Saaz Pellets @ 3.4% AA in an unsealed bag in the Freezer I'm happy to top up the quantity but not sure how much is required.

Help please your experienced campaigners!

So close, I think we just chuck in a couple of extra grams. How far away are you (haven't looked up the recipe but from memory both advertised saaz and styrians are 3 point something).

Not really worth worrying about for this recipe I reckon.

Simple ratios should work:
recipe AA x recipe hop weight = new AA x new hop weight
Hence:
new hop weight = recipe AA x recipe hop weight / new AA

(Or don't bother as per what manticle suggested).

So close, I think we just chuck in a couple of extra grams. How far away are you (haven't looked up the recipe but from memory both advertised saaz and styrians are 3 point something).

I will have beer smith on the lappy in the bar so we can muck around a bit with AA%. I already have a recipe entered for my system and hopefully ill have Fents as well. He's a bit slack!!! :p If anyone wants to chuck a bit of firewood in the car it wont go astray. We have some, but ya never do know, could be along night watchin the olympics! oh yeah and samplin some of your finest..... No stress though, servo just up the road if we get desperate and plenty of loose fence pailings.

Saaz are set at 3.5% for trippers system and 4% for fents.Styrians set at 5.4%.
I've packed and extra 20 g of 3.4% Saaz I had loose to make up the numbers but I don't have any extra Syrians.

Well not long now boys, if people wanna drop beers/kegs off tonight that is no problem after 5.30-10pm. I will also be at my place from 4-6 tomoz night for drop offs. Cheers
Trip

Have updated the article, hopefully the last time.

Charst I have a 120g bag of Syrians I am going tho bring so no worries there.

Trippers, I will bring my stuff over on Sat morning.

what time are we planning on doing the actual swap guys? I probably won't get there until mid-arvo-ish...

well swap when you get there, cant really start without ya can we lol ;)?

yea rook we dont like your types at these swaps! :p

salivating!

souvla.jpg

Latest posts

Back