Vic Brewers Xmas Case Swap 22/11/08

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose a date that best suits you all Saturdays

• 1st November

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8th November

• 15th November

• 22nd November

• 29th November

• Dont have a preference

• Total voters
vote # dinner

Q, thx for the yeast, i`ll give the bottle i promised for you to fents? to pass on.
Barra, I`ll be fishing out of jews creek Sunday morning, regardless if I stay or not at Rook`s, I have a little shack at eildon, i`ll be there til Monday.
I will also bring some belgian slurry 3255? ardenne, if anybody wants some (3). The beer I made is very good, thx too Q`s yeast recommendation. Looking forward to it!

Haysie i will grab some of that yeast if its ok

vote # dinner

Q, thx for the yeast, i`ll give the bottle i promised for you to fents? to pass on.
Barra, I`ll be fishing out of jews creek Sunday morning, regardless if I stay or not at Rook`s, I have a little shack at eildon, i`ll be there til Monday.
I will also bring some belgian slurry 3255? ardenne, if anybody wants some (3). The beer I made is very good, thx too Q`s yeast recommendation. Looking forward to it!

Haysie i will grab some of that yeast if its ok

dont know what happened with my first response i got a bit lost in the thread

Haysie,
If you have a spare yeast I would like to grab it if its OK.
Cheers
Reg

vote # dinner

i gotta work the sunday night so ill be heading back home sunday sometime , was thinkin of a fish on friday maybe even thursday arvo... probably down collier end as the campsites are better at frasers than at jews creeks, lights, hot showers and flushing shitters at only $16 a night does me just nice ...

and i might have to put my name down for #3 in the yeast grab thanks haysie

Haysie - if you got any slurry left i'll take some thanks mate.

Just adjusting my beer for the swapdue to infection in the first batch
Have to bottle all over again :angry:

NUMBER - BREWER - BEER TYPE
1 Reg - No idea yet
2 mark_m - summer ale??
3 moonee - Robust Porter
4 Rook - No Idea Yet
5 Barramundi - dunno yet
6 Cummins
7 Chris Taylor - Mild
8 Maple - Irish Red (strong possibility) - Attending
9 Hair of the dog - citrus halfwit
10 Superhero - Belgian Wit
11 Fents - NFI
12 mortz - Australian Pale Ale
13 Citymorgue2 - mongrel black bavarian/Schwarzbier
14 mcook - TBD
15 Quintrex - Saison, or Some kind of wheat beer
16 Brewmeister70 - Pre-prohibition American pilsner
17 Kleiny - (ESB infected and tipped out) Weizen (same recipe as Vicbrew08 7th)
18 Doppelbrewer
19 Dom - ? -
20 Haysie- Some sort of belgian
21 Wardhog - Great Aussie BlandAle
22 Leigh - Pale Ale

Hey,

unfortunately I will be unable to attend the swap day, :( !

But I'd still love to participate in the swap! :icon_cheers:

Any chance I can drop my case of at your place Q, and maybe Fents could take mine up too?

Cheers guys.

Okay there are still 4 brewers who have NOT updated the sheet, it's not that hard to do so.

Reg
mark_m
Quintrex
Dopplebrewer

Are you blokes attending or not as i need to organise the meat soonish

This is the only link to update

Link

Rook

Sorry Rook
I have updated and will be attending.
I am bringing APDs case with me as well, not too sure if all of his case will get back to him if I find a beer I like though.... :icon_cheers:

#1 kleiny #2 reg #3

Damn, thats what happens when you turn your back on the forum for one night.

Can anyone lend me their yeast so that I can propagate some slants from it?

Promise I will be gentle (and sanitary).

Damn, thats what happens when you turn your back on the forum for one night.

Can anyone lend me their yeast so that I can propagate some slants from it?

Promise I will be gentle (and sanitary).

PM sent

on a serious brewing note (shocking I know), can I suggest the topic of 'Making Slants' be an actual discussion at the meeting. I for one would be most interested. Or if anyone else has an area they would like covered whilst so many brewers are there feel free to suggest something.

on a serious brewing note (shocking I know), can I suggest the topic of 'Making Slants' be an actual discussion at the meeting. I for one would be most interested. Or if anyone else has an area they would like covered whilst so many brewers are there feel free to suggest something.
Fantastic idea!!!!
I second that motion

sorry updated the wiki.

Chris I have a fresh-ish propogator pack of the ardennes if you want to use first gen yeast for your slants. You could probably raid a few VSS strains off of me as well if you want.
Cheers
Q

You must have read my mind CM2, i have asked Chris to show us how to do slants on the day and he has said he will. He will be making some slants of an unopened packet of Wy 3522 ( Ardennes )

Mark

MARVELLOUS STUFF THAT! Good going Rooky

Thanks Chris.

I also meant to tell you guys that my mongrel black bavarian/Schwarzbier lager was infected. its drinkable but only just. So im doing another beer..... Mongrel black bavarian/Schwarzbier ALE. Yup not enough time for another lager so im altering the recipe slightly to make it an ale. cut back on the malt and increase hops to compensate for lost sharpness/cleanness of a lager. shoud be good.

I should also probably get started on my belgian xmas ale for the july caseswap.

Back