Vic 2017 Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0645.jpg
IMG_0646.jpg

Thanks everyone for a great weekend! Sorry had to leave early this morning. I hope the rest of the clean up is not too bad.

There may be a few people feeling a bit dusty this morning.

Thanks to Midnight, and parents for opening up your house to us lot. So very kind.

Thanks to everyone that helped with the brew. It went seamlessly and I think there were no major issues! Big thanks to whiteferret who once again never strayed to far from the brewing action!

To the guys that provided all the food, simply amazing. I say this everytime but we eat like kings and even though I gave Dr Rocks a hard time that brisket was ******* amazing.

What a great weekend!!

Top effort gents! Setting the bar higher yet again with an efficient brew day! Sorry I couldn’t be there for the rest of the day [emoji853]

Another epic day gents.

Massive thanks to MidnightBrew as well as Mr and Mrs MidnightBrew senior for hosting. Awesome work by Nullnvoid and WhiteFerret on the brewing front. Hats off to everyone behind the food too - we again ate like kings. That brisket was so damn good and the cheeseburgers were delish! Some great brews to sample over the day too. Some really interesting brews on offer. Special thanks to Martin for opening some very old brews.

Bring on winter 2018!

Ditto those 2 ^^
Excellent swap, brewing, drinking & face stuffing event.
I can't believe the brewing went so smoothly - though rocking up halfway through the sparge probably helps that perception [emoji1]. Great effort by Rusty, plus Wayne (& I'm assuming husky, martin & MJ would've been in there as well).
Venue & hosts were fantastic - huge thanks to Cam & your parents. The triple level setup was awesome, and the bush section at the back was perfect to setup the fire and wind down after a big day of brewing & drinking. With more drinking!!

Food was excellent. Burgers v tasty and really hit the spot. Maybe a bit more time with the hood down and they would've been perfect [emoji23]
Brisket. Amazeballs. Totes Amazeballs.

Finally, the array of beers was excellent. Many highlights, especially the Chimay Grand Reserve. But also the variety of other aged beers was a big standout for this year's Xmas swap. Some really amazing beers! Plus some yummy younger ones on tap and from bottles. All very appreciated!!

Cheers! [emoji41]

Massive thanks to Cam and parentals, what a great spot to spend a couple of days drinking a huge variety of brews and punch out 600 odd litres as well. Great work Rusty as head brewer and all the food providers, just amazing!
The fire in a bush setting drinking some tasty new and old beers Sat night was awesome.
Some notes for next brew: Need another refract for reference, Russ was getting some interesting numbers through the boil. Need more gas bottles. The boil only ran 1 x burner on the medium pressure reg so we only got 22L boil off(3%). Should still be ok but we normally get closer to 50L and 6-8%.

IMG_0828.JPG
IMG_0832.JPG
IMG_0836.JPG
IMG_0838.JPG
IMG_0840.JPG
IMG_0844.JPG

Agree with Husky, the one big thing to take away from the brew was the gas. Having the huge bottle was great but we were only able to have one thing tapped off it and so could only run one burner. We either need smaller bottles to pick up the slack or consider something else.

It took three hours for the burner the single burner to heat up the strike water and also longer to get it to boil after mash. This could have been considerably shortened with more gas.

But we coped and I believe still made wort ;)

What are those bottles worth? Could we include in overall swap costs at the next one to purchase a bottle?

awesome, I have photos too will add them as I can, just poured a Lager and feeling pretty tired.

Thanks Cam and your Mum and....esp your Dad - still cant believe I got to have a beer with Kenny Rogers!

That brew-day was smooth as!

How 'bout a bit of synchronized tossing first up?

Latest posts

Back