Vic 2017 Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swappers

1. Idzy
2. Mardoo
3. Technobabble66 - Rezza Bitter (WLP-059) 4.6%, drink now, but maybe leave an extra week.
4. DJ_L3thAL - Macleod Bitter (WLP059) 4.8%, drink now.
5. JB - Sticke 'em up! 6.5% drink 2018
6. Micbrew
7. Reardo
8. Nullnvoid
9. AJ80
10. Whiteferret
12. malt mule
13. Mmmyummybeer
14. Bigchamp
15. Mofox1
16. Husky
17. droid - Belgian Wit
18. Laxation
19. Midnight Brew
20. Malt Junkie- Golden wheat 4.5%
21. TSMILL - half biere de garde 7.5%, half saison 8%
22. Dr_Rocks
23. Danscraftbeer
24. (donation)

As with GP I have been flat out fermenting wort for my old mans 60th this weekend so it's looking increasingly un likely I will get a chance to enter a brew in this. There is a slight chance I can put one down next Thursday and do a super fast ferment before swap day but if there are any reservers or people wanting to enter feel free to jump in.

1. Idzy
2. Mardoo
3. Technobabble66 - Rezza Bitter (WLP-059) 4.6%, drink now, but maybe leave an extra week.
6. Micbrew
7. Reardo
8. Nullnvoid
9. AJ80
10. Whiteferret
12. malt mule
13. Mmmyummybeer
14. Bigchamp
15. Mofox1
16. Husky
17. droid - Belgian Wit
18. Laxation
19. Midnight Brew
22. Dr_Rocks - Igneous American Pale Ale (US-05) 4.5%, drink from 9th December (will bottle 18th Nov)
23. Danscraftbeer
24. (donation)

Sorry guys were out too, not going to be able to get there for the weekend. Have taken my name of the swappers list also will be out of the attendees and cubist list too. :(

Swappers

1. Idzy
2. Mardoo
6. Micbrew
7. Reardo
8. Nullnvoid
9. AJ80
10. Whiteferret
12. malt mule
14. Bigchamp
15. Mofox1
16. Husky
17. droid - Belgian Wit
18. Laxation
19. Midnight Brew
22. Dr_Rocks - Igneous American Pale Ale (US-05) 4.5%, drink from 9th December (will bottle 18th Nov)
23. Danscraftbeer
24. (donation)

Taken name off attendees and cubist.:(

Attendees

1. Idzy
2. Technobabble66
3. Mardoo
4. JB
5. Micbrew
69. DJ_L3thAL
8. Nullnvoid
9. AJ80
10. Whiteferret
11.GrumpyPaul
12. MartinOC
13. Malt junkie
16. Bigchamp
18. Mofox1
19. droid
20. Husky
21. Laxation
22. Midnight Brew
23. Dr_Rocks
24. Grott
25. Danscraftbeer

Cubists

1. Idzy
2. Technobabble66
3. Mardoo
4. DJ_L3thAL
5. JB
6. Micbrew
7. Reardo
8. Nullnvoid
9. AJ80
10. Whiteferret
11.GrumpyPaul
12. MartinOC
15. Bigchamp
17. Mofox1
18. Husky
19. droid
20. Laxation
21. Midnight Brew
22. Dr_Rocks
23. Danscraftbeer

So as is the trend coming up to the swap, I'm also going to pull out of the swap. Haven't brewed and won't have time to do anything and get it fermented and bottled before the big weekend. Next one for sure....he says wondering if it will be any different.

Swappers

1. Idzy
2. Mardoo
6. Micbrew
7. Reardo
9. AJ80
10. Whiteferret
12. malt mule
14. Bigchamp
15. Mofox1
16. Husky
17. droid - Belgian Wit
18. Laxation
19. Midnight Brew
23. Danscraftbeer
24. (donation)

Holy cow, Rusty.
You just brewed 750L of Rusty's Rye, ffs!!
Surely you could've snuck in a little US05/M44 without the missus knowing! [emoji6]

Or are you just being diplomatic and passing on the 059 Bitters? [emoji1]

On a serious note, it's all totally fine, this swap always has a high dropout rate, as RL gets in the way of these important things at the busier end of the year.
I think at the swap where we brewed the Pliny there was only something like 6-10 swappers [emoji15]

If my calculations are correct (and at this point this flu is kicking my ass so I could be a month out or dating Cocko) we have 2 weeks to sorta sort out some stuff. Like FOOD! Now I know I'm being hopeful but I aim on having some semblance of an appetite returning by then.

I think the regular Friday night Pizza gig, and the Standard B&E rolls for breakfasts should be good.
We need to have some more input on attendances so we can have a better idea on numbers.

Now I've done my duty, I'm off to steal my sons teddy and snuggle in bed with some SOUP!

Holy cow, Rusty.
You just brewed 750L of Rusty's Rye, ffs!!
Surely you could've snuck in a little US05/M44 without the missus knowing! [emoji6]

Or are you just being diplomatic and passing on the 059 Bitters? [emoji1]

On a serious note, it's all totally fine, this swap always has a high dropout rate, as RL gets in the way of these important things at the busier end of the year.
I think at the swap where we brewed the Pliny there was only something like 6-10 swappers [emoji15]

I knew that would come up :). Unfortunately I donated a cube to a mate who is getting back into brewing and as it's a beer I really enjoy I don't want to lose anymore at the moment. Greedy I know :(.

Swappers

1. Idzy
2. Mardoo
6. Micbrew
9. AJ80
10. Whiteferret
12. malt mule
15. Mofox1
16. Husky
17. droid - Belgian Wit
18. Laxation
19. Midnight Brew
23. Danscraftbeer
24. (donation)

Attendees

1. Idzy
2. Technobabble66
3. Mardoo
4. JB
5. Micbrew
69. DJ_L3thAL
8. Nullnvoid
9. AJ80
10. Whiteferret
11.GrumpyPaul
12. MartinOC
13. Malt junkie
18. Mofox1
19. droid
20. Husky
21. Laxation
22. Midnight Brew
23. Dr_Rocks
24. Grott
25. Danscraftbeer

Cubists

1. Idzy
2. Technobabble66
3. Mardoo
4. DJ_L3thAL
5. JB
6. Micbrew
8. Nullnvoid
9. AJ80
10. Whiteferret
11.GrumpyPaul
12. MartinOC
17. Mofox1
18. Husky
19. droid
20. Laxation
21. Midnight Brew
22. Dr_Rocks
23. Danscraftbeer

Really sorry guys, I've totally forgotten about the entire weekend. I've taken Bigchamp and myself off the lists. Wife is due in a couple of weeks and my mate won't go if I don't.

Again, very sorry for the late notice.

Brewers, this post had meant to some last weekend, however being exam period and a nasty case of tonsillitis, I haven't posted much lately. I'll be sending out PM's next weekend after exam period with details of the swap.

For those who are thinking about pulling out or jumping in: You have 15 days to get something into the bottle, doesn't need to be ready to drink by the swap, just needs to be bottled by the swap. (I'll be bottling tomorrow and pitching something next weekend for the beer engine)

I'd charge myself as Chief of Food but most of you know my eating habits so I'm gonna need a volunteer to help co-ordinate the food from Friday night to Sunday morning. I'll still play a big part on the food front. If no one steps up I am happy to do it, just means there will be no animal products and will probably cost you less.

Location: North Croydon, plenty of room behind the house for tents and swags.
Onsite: 4 tap jockey Box, 3 tap keezer and....... a BEER ENGINE (**** YEH). Welcome to bring something English to run through it, I should have something ready by then.

I have the entire Friday off, no set time for first beers. PMs out next weekend. Cheers!

Is there a BBQ, BYO self serve option? That could make things pretty casual. I don't have set times for eating and not alone I'd think. I'm also a hand in the kitchen at least. Nobody should do any dish cleaning though. At the expense of the um, paper plates? etc

Thanks for pointing that out Dan, there is a BBQ onsite and I have the AHB caseswap utility box containing consumables.

We usually have a few people up hands to bring something and together it makes up meals across the weekend.

Is there a BBQ, BYO self serve option? That could make things pretty casual. I don't have set times for eating and not alone I'd think. I'm also a hand in the kitchen at least. Nobody should do any dish cleaning though. At the expense of the um, paper plates? etc
Agreed on all in this post. I am also in a similar position MB and will be available post exams next Friday.

I'll bring an 8kg spare gas bottle, small BBQ's anyone? a nice option for brekky bacey & eggs sandwiches and a touch of my chilli sauce? With Midnight Brews veggie saucy stuff awwww...and the site BBQ is clean on Sunday morning.
Easy stuff.

The BYO self serve thing would be fine, EXCEPT the poor 2 or 3 guys running the massive brew, won't get the chance to make or get lunch and will be too munted by dinner to cook. I'm happy to cook breakys, but a bit useless me buying anything here and carting it 120km where it'd be cheaper to buy any way.
We need numbers for:
Friday night Pizza everyone just chips in on the order ($20 odd we did last time)
Breakfast Saturday
Lunch Saturday
Dinner Saturday
Breaky Sunday (Martin's stomach usually aint ready so that's at least -1)
We'll also need snack through out (though don't go too nuts)

Everyone gets fed if they are hungry. I'll get there Saturday at latest and call me to feed any brewer. The Brewers of the night shall be catered for on their order I think as appropriate.
Small package snacks good too strategically placed around. Nuts and especially any home crafted stuff.
I'll provide some good Beef Jerky!

Chicken wings.
We're gonna need chicken wings.
Mick was a saviour last swap or 2 with the wings. Sorry Cam, not sure what else to sub in here - fish? falafel? Actually, that nut/seed slice thingy you fronted several swaps ago was mighty tasty...

I'm assuming we'll need to do a kitty/food charge for the day(s) of the swap, so i think we're going to need that list MJ mentioned above.
At least set a minimum, say, $10 per person to cover snacks etc on the day. And collect before the day, or at least before the drinking gets too serious.

PS: happy with cheap vego options, if that's how it eventuates. ;)

I'm happy to clean the gear out, maybe with the help of Danscraft like the winter swap.
We have a coffee machine and I will do coffee Sat and Sun.
Food is a bit tricky for me in terms of travel time and space, though we will be doing plenty at the next winter swap to redeem ourselves.

Latest posts

Back