Vic 2016 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the guys from the recent vic keg bulk buy get back to me with a replacement part, I'll have a co2 charger handy to top up kegs. There's that at least.

I'm most likely bringing my kegerator and gas bottle. I'll have a pale ale in there and a stout with a party tap at ambient next to it so will have a spare spot in there if anyone wants to make use of it.

I've got a bottle but to be honest it could be about empty and will probably run out while I'm gassing my kegs next week.

One of the kegs in my fridge has a leak on the gas post, so I can't disconnect it for long periods. So our options are:
  1. Bring the keg of pale, clear, must-be-drunk-below-freezing Aussie lager and my CO2 bottle
  2. Bring my Yorkshire bitter (to be kegged this weekend) and someone else is kind enough to charge my keg
Any Carlton Draught fans out there rooting for option 1? Come on, it'll be a nice change from all the hops...

TheWiggman said:
One of the kegs in my fridge has a leak on the gas post, so I can't disconnect it for long periods. So our options are:
  1. Bring the keg of pale, clear, must-be-drunk-below-freezing Aussie lager and my CO2 bottle
  2. Bring my Yorkshire bitter (to be kegged this weekend) and someone else is kind enough to charge my keg
Any Carlton Draught fans out there rooting for option 1? Come on, it'll be a nice change from all the hops...
Hi Wig. I'll be bringing my kegerator and will have a spare spot in it for another keg. You're welcome to use mine to carb if you want

I will hopefully bring a few kegs if I can get my shit together in time..

the planned brett beer looks like it is actually going to hit FG so the back up will be kegged. Will have a munich IPA and a IIBA kolsch in kegs.

if there is anyone on the south east/east side of melbourne who needs a lift or things taken up let me know. I'm heading up Friday noon.

Attendees (Swappers)
1. whiteferret
3. technobabble66
4. AJ80 - oatmeal stout (ready to drink)
5. Grainer - Spare Parts Stout on Bourbon - Priming sugar added on 10th June.. give it at least a month before opening
7. DJ_L3THAL - Teninch Dampfbier (recipe courtesy of Les the Weizguy, minor hops tweak to what was in freezer) - Bottled 13/6, ready to drink once you have it. Fresh is best for this I believe. ABV 5.6%.
8. Mofox1 - ICBM (Inter Continental Bloody Muther) freakin' Stout. (Ready to drink? nah, give this baby some time. August/September)
9. VP Brewing - Black IPA (102.75 in the MM specialty IPA comp. Bottled ages ago so hops have dropped off a bit so drink ASAP!)
10. Grainer - Viennella Saison - Ready to drink
11. Reardo - My take on a Mountain Goat Summer Ale
12. heyhey
13. Masters Brewery-Belgian Double
15. Micbrew - 2 n from special bitter
16. JB - AIPA
18. Curly79. Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
19. Midnight Brew (non attending) - Dry Irish Stout - going to carb this low, pump with syringe
20. mmmyummybeer
21. thearn
22. TheWiggman - Patersbier
23. GrumpyPaul - American Brown
24. Kunfaced - Black Brett Bitters (100% Brett ferment) probably give it some time to age

Swap Reserves

Attendees (Non-Swappers)
1. H. Beaton (reardos & VP's mate)
2. droid
3. Nullnvoid
Cubists
1. whiteferret
2. Idzy
3. technobabble66
4. AJ80
6. DJ_L3THAL
7. Mofox1
8. VP Brewing
10. Reardo
11. Masters Brewery
12. MartinOC
13. Micbrew
14. JB
15. Yob
16. Curly79
17. mmmyummybeer
18. thearn
19. GrumpyPaul
20. Kunfaced
21. H. Beaton (A mate of VP's and mine)
22. droid

Reserve Cubists:

Bringing a 19ltr keg for the festivities:
1. droid
2. DJ_L3ThAL - Either a U-Flecku, or Rogers clone, or both.
3: Yob: 2.5 of them I expect... Something Palish, something Tanish (barrel) something Blackish (barrel)
4. Reardo - Amarillo/Pac Jade Pale
5. Both an APA and a Stout

Unfortunately have had issues with main brew, with no backup due to sabbatical, I'm out of the swapping. Shattered.

idzy said:
Unfortunately have had issues with main brew, with no backup due to sabbatical, I'm out of the swapping. Shattered.
still attending.. win

What time are you expected? I assume late Friday?

I'd be grateful if someone can bring a bronco tap or something that can dispense a keg. I've got 2 kegs and one gun. I do have one spare liquid disconnect and some line. A stout tap for the RIS would be nice.

I'm buying Yobs Beamish tap. Would that help on the day droid/yob?

Curly79 said:
I'm buying Yobs Beamish tap. Would that help on the day droid/yob?
Yep, I was hoping you's say something like that :)

ed: will need line and a liquid BL disconnect

Sweet. I should have that covered. Sounds like a plan[emoji106]

Latest posts

Back