Vic 2016 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of bringing an IPA about 6.8% but can bring a bRIS that is also ready to go if we want more dark and strong, they have both been "allocated" to the swap day. The bRIS has 20% wee heavy from the last swap in it which some might like to try and discover

Looks like I'll need to bring a small glass with all these extreme ABV beers around.

I have tasting paddles will see if I can dig them out 16-20 120ml glasses. I'm bringing a 1/2 keg belgian 7.5% and possibly a pale I'm kegging at the end of the week.

Hockey in Albury at 12:30 PM Sunday. I'll need to be off by 10 AM, so can't* punish myself too much.

* shouldn't**

** probably will

I'm hoping someone might have an IPA or APA that is a bit sweet and we might be able to blend. I made up an IPA but it leaves a bitter aftertaste. I'll have two reasonably full kegs there. RIS and IPA
I won't have room for a cube in the car, guess I could buy one in Shepp. We'll be packed to the hilt. ANyway I'll pay for 20ltrs and help out brewing, labouring etc but may not be able to take one back with me unless we roll the keg of IPA and I fill that on the night.

woops forgot Masters said he may be able to take one back - so disregard

cheers

droid, got you covered mate. Have 2 ready to go will cost you an invite to a future brew day, that new mash tun looks the bit.

Tasting paddles packed, 28 associated glass cleaned and good to go.

Attendees (Swappers)
1. whiteferret
2. Idzy - Chocolate Porter
3. technobabble66
4. AJ80 - oatmeal stout (ready to drink)
5. Grainer - Spare Parts Stout on Bourbon - Priming sugar added on 10th June.. give it at least a month before opening
7. DJ_L3THAL - Teninch Dampfbier (recipe courtesy of Les the Weizguy, minor hops tweak to what was in freezer) - Bottled 13/6, ready to drink once you have it. Fresh is best for this I believe. ABV 5.6%.
8. Mofox1 - ICBM (Inter Continental Bloody Muther) freakin' Stout. (Ready to drink? nah, give this baby some time. August/September)
9. VP Brewing - Black IPA (102.75 in the MM specialty IPA comp. Bottled ages ago so hops have dropped off a bit so drink ASAP!)
10. Grainer - Viennella Saison - Ready to drink
11. Reardo - My take on a Mountain Goat Summer Ale
12. heyhey
13. Masters Brewery-Belgian Double
15. Micbrew - 2 n from special bitter
16. JB - AIPA
18. Curly79. Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
19. Midnight Brew (non attending) - Dry Irish Stout - going to carb this low, pump with syringe
20. mmmyummybeer
21. thearn
22. TheWiggman - Patersbier
23. GrumpyPaul - American Brown
24. Kunfaced - Black Brett Bitters (100% Brett ferment) probably give it some time to age

Swap Reserves

Attendees (Non-Swappers)
1. H. Beaton (reardos & VP's mate)
2. droid
3. Nullnvoid
Cubists
1. whiteferret
2. Idzy
3. technobabble66
4. AJ80
6. DJ_L3THAL
7. Mofox1
8. VP Brewing
10. Reardo
11. Masters Brewery
12. MartinOC
13. Micbrew
14. JB
15. Yob
16. Curly79
17. mmmyummybeer
18. thearn
19. GrumpyPaul
20. Kunfaced
21. H. Beaton (A mate of VP's and mine)
22. droid

Reserve Cubists:

Bringing a 19ltr keg for the festivities:
1. droid
2. DJ_L3ThAL - Either a U-Flecku, or Rogers clone, or both.
3: Yob: 2.5 of them I expect... Something Palish, something Tanish (barrel) something Blackish (barrel)
4. Reardo - Amarillo/Pac Jade Pale
5. Both an APA and a Stout

It is with great sadness I'm having to withdraw from the swap and also the cubes. Time hasn't been on my side for my swap beer. I have a couple of things underway but won't be ready in time. And don't have any cubes free, what a predicament to be in.

Still thrashing out negotiations for attending with SWMBO. Unfortunately our daughter is quite taken with me, and as such, she won't play nice with her mother...won't sleep for her, won't lie down while nappies are changed etc. I'm not sure why I'm the favourite :) Anyway, should at least be able to get up for the day, possibly overnight.

Get her a wig or lend her yours, that hair is simply too magnificent to be real. Obviously daughter is transfixed by it.

Kegged my Friday night keg, still need to keg hop it..

I think I've identified the Bummock barrel aged keg..

Need to top up my RIS 10Lt keg.. It somehow got low again...

Starting to sort the TA gas kits, spares, lube, spanners and such. Should be keging an APA Saturday arvo. By Thursday next week I'll probably blow my last two kegs on tap two went this week and I've only got one to replace them with. Going to have to start brewin up a storm after this event or summer will be looking mighty dry.

There will be so many kegs there.. guessing at least 10 or so?? don't expect for yours to be emptied... you should be able to take plenty home!

Oh, goodie!! I don't need to bring anything of my own - i'll just drink everyone else's!

Case-swap-dedicate pint glass in the "to-bring" list.

TBH, I feel shit about this prospect.... :(

We sorted equipment wise?

I'm a bit of a crap attendee in this regard, my pumps etc have American plugs, all my eskies are Tyrone Lannister sized... I've got buckets (thanks DJ!)?...

I assume the big ticket items are as good as locked in (idzys kettle, assuming a couple of big arsed technice eskies)... just wondering about sundries like pumps, hoses, paddles, ots elements, etc. And is anyone bringing up gas?

Back