Vb Hop Schedule Please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
instead of going on about what is in the beer that micros brew
you should be giving more thought on how you can get this leeching goverment to stop taxing the life out of good hand built beer
then maybe the brewer would put more heart put into the beer than worring about mister exicise man

Brain-dead is back again. :icon_offtopic:

gregs it would appear that you are in contary to your logo
your out of balance with that attitude

Yeah, it is funny, but Im not sure what Speedy means by the word contary, maybe he means contrary. :icon_offtopic:

AGAIN :icon_offtopic: (sorry OP'er) , maybe we should shit on him in his own threads, instead of shitting up anothers? Just my Opinion.

Good point Wallace, a hard earned thirst needs a cold hard beer and the best cold beer is Vic, Victoria Bitter.

Or something like that.

instead of going on about what is in the beer that micros brew
you should be giving more thought on how you can get this leeching goverment to stop taxing the life out of good hand built beer
then maybe the brewer would put more heart put into the beer than worring about mister exicise man

tend to agree with the sentiment of this. cub has been fairly open about constantly droping the abv of vb to get around the governments exise and other taxes and still suply the average drinker a reasonably priced beer(and a healthy profit of course).
although if the fair go for craft beer thing goes through one of these days and i could choose between a good craft beer or fosters/tooheys for 12 bucks a sixer , the craft beer would definatly be my choice and even a few mega swillers would end up converted quickly to craft beer aswell imo.

Look at the evolution of the old Coopers Pale Ale as well for evidence of this. I have a hunch that it probably subsidises people that drink the Sparkling or Best Extra Stout.

And thanks for clearing that up about the extracts TB.

Use all pils malt (head retention?? whats head retention??) and only boil for 30 mins to get that nice DMS character (honestly i think the sulphur is what makes an aussie lager), or boil for 60 if you no chill. Mash low (63) and theres no need for dex, and yeah 15-20ibu of a high alpha hop you cant taste at 60 (so no galaxy :))

ferment cold, and if its not crisp enough add some citric acid til you reach a pH of 5 :)

oh and serve it at 2 degrees celcius!!!

step 1: ask forum members about recipe

step 2: await ensuing shit fight

step 3: wade through page after page of garbage for the info you were after

step 4: brew the beer and find out the style doesn't taste all that good

step 5: ask forum members about new recipe

step 6: repeat steps 2 to 5

I live about six doors from Liquorland at the Bribie Hotel.

I can't stand all this

step 1: ask forum members about recipe

step 2: await ensuing shit fight

step 3: wade through page after page of garbage for the info you were after

step 4: brew the beer and find out the style doesn't taste all that good

step 5: ask forum members about new recipe

step 6: repeat steps 2 to 5

step 7: await reply from speedie! :beerbang: , then jump to step 2........ :eek:

I know where u live now bribie!!!! :ph34r:

Quivering bottle of VB, oh what are you going to do to me?

ve ask der questions.

Hey interesting, nothing here says "Victoria Bitter" - jut VB - well now.

let's see how the cow sits in the cabbage patch

vb__Medium_.JPG

i like lickerland too :p :p :p
yeah, shit thread thats been done over n over, hence, take the piss

OMG, don't do it Michael... Don't subject yourself to that torture.....

Bribie I think you should have made it a real test and grabbed a bottle of Fourex bitter and a Fosters as well. Then you can give results on which one is mouse cage, guinea pig pen and chicken coup aroma.

Cheers

come on guys! do u remember when u were a noob? and you wanted to know the secret recipie for fourex, vb and fosters??? give the poor bloke a rest eh?

Mate: ignore the shit, u will find that it is a silly question, in a few years time! :lol:

Goodluck with the mega-swill recipie hunt mate! There is alot of good advice on this forum. just dont go with the "lagers ferment nicely at 27DEG" and the ....................... got the idea????

Ok the only other beer I have been drinking tonight is Yorkshire Gold (Promised Gold but made on Perle)

Aroma: actually smells like beer :icon_cheers: - sweetish and some sort of hop but slight
Appearance: 3 out of 3
vb2__Medium_.JPG

Flavour: I GOT THE MOUSE PISS IMMEDIATELY :eek: - MOUSE PISS MOUSE PISS, RIGHT UP THE BACK OF MY NOSE.
Metallic bitterness, actually more bitter than my Yorkshire Gold bittered with Challenger. It's 30 seconds since the swig and it's still coating the back and sides of my tongue - this is serious IBU, I would say up in the 20s but harsh.
Apart from the mouse piss, I cannot get any malt at all.

The more sips I take the more bitter it gets. But nothing to support the bitterness.

Aha I just burped up the back of my nose, no hop coming up. Pure ISO I would imagine.

Vile

vb3__Medium_.JPG

About a fifth of the price of a 23L award winning full brew :eek:

Back