• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Value Of Crown Seal Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
Hi all

I have about 140 (will get final count prior to asctual sale) 750ml king brown crown seals, these are the older thick glass type. As I now keg; these will now become for sale. What is a price I should be looking at, my neighbour thinks $0.50c a bottle; This seems a bit pricey to me, but he thinks since they are rare this is a fair price. I will be selling as a set only.

Kev

Over in WA I think we're paying ~50c for a 375. The bigger boys go closer to a dollar, though if you look around you can sometimes find them for 75c. But I haven't bought a bottle in a little while, maybe they've got cheaper in the last year or so ??

Over in WA I think we're paying ~50c for a 375. The bigger boys go closer to a dollar, though if you look around you can sometimes find them for 75c. But I haven't bought a bottle in a little while, maybe they've got cheaper in the last year or so ??
A buck a bottle? That's crazy! $24 for an empty case???

any ads i've seen are normally around the $5 a doz mark for 750 ml.

Up in syd a sellers selling, 700ml retro crown seal bottles for about $8 for 16, so around $5 a dozen is very fair IMO.

They don't break as easily.

What's the advantage of thicker glass bottles?

Less risk of explosions if overprimed.
Less likely to suffer stress cracks from repeated re-use.
Better thermal mass for keeping the beer cooler after getting out of fridge.

$5 a dozen is the going price for 750 ml. crown seals in Brisbane. Shouldn`t be any different in Bundaberg.

stagga.

Thanks for the feedback, seems he was on the money with the price

I've deceided with the current 117 bottles, to go for $50, including the crates.

What's the advantage of thicker glass bottles?

They are made of glass instead of the new bottles are part plastic part glass.

Put the in water and gently tap against each other listen to the nice sound the glass makes.

Sorry mate had to say something about this.....java script:emoticon(':super:', 'smid_18')

I have some Greltch? (edit Grolch?, ahh I forget) crown seals.

When I used to bottle there was always something special about what came out of these bottles.

:)

Did I mention

117 bottles, to go for $50, including the crates

:party: :party: :party:

They are made of glass instead of the new bottles are part plastic part glass.

I hear this one a lot, it isnt true.
You cant mix molten glass with plastic, the plastic will either burn away or simply vaporise before the glass melts.

OldKev has 117 old bottles for sale; he wants $50 for them. :p

MHB

OldKev QldKev has 117 old bottles for sale; he wants $50 for them. :p

:beerbang: :beerbang:

But thanks for the bump*

Do you think he wants to sell them? I thought he was just looking for a valuation. you know, for insurance purposes or something.

hmmmm, $12 bucks off a case of Coopers Pale long-necks (gone back to crown seals not threaded) :) $1 a bottle sounds great!

115 crown top 750ml bottles for sale; $40 for them...
(I'm keeping 2 for another project)
incl some plastic crates for storage.

They will go in the local paper soon; well as soon as I pull my finger out and arrange it.

OK I have not put them in the paper yet.

I have another use for the crates so I will be keeping them.

The 114 bottles; If someone can use them, bring around some beers and they are yours.

Back