Vale Chopper Read.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being nothing at all to do with brewing, shouldn't this thread be moved to off topic so it doesn't continually pollute the "Current topics" pane?

Bribie G said:
Being nothing at all to do with brewing, shouldn't this thread be moved to off topic so it doesn't continually pollute the "Current topics" pane?

The Pub
General Chit-Chat and Brew related questions.

Doesn't seem a big difference.

Why does Kylie Minogue only have six teeth?

Kylie-Minogue sexy.jpg

Good riddance to a scum bag whom was and will always be an asshole in history's memory. Poor kids for being his kids. Lucky kids for their asshole father dying and not having to go through having him as a dad growing up with all the associated bullying and threats by him or his enemies etc. Oh wait, isn't that irony?

They will grow up to understand this one day. Truth hurts.

Meh. In my opinion, he was a criminal who made a profit from telling stories of his illegal comings and goings, most likely greatly exaggerated and he's now dead. No great loss to society in general, but love him or hate him, he did appeal to certain elements of society and contributed to Australian culture.

Cube said:
Good riddance to a scum bag whom was and will always be an asshole in history's memory
I've met, and continue to meet, many many assholes in this life.. I personally don't count him amount them..

If you've met him and are speaking from experience, let's hear it.. Naturally you are entitled to your opinion even if you have an opinion formed purely on media reports...

If you like I can recount a few real life stories that point toward the man not fitting the myth... I don't think this is the correct forum for that though.

;)

I could imagine that Ivan Milat would have some interesting camping stories

Funny how all the people who have met him say he seemed like a good bloke and the ones that havent are the ones to bag him.

Met him once at his local in Melbourne where he ran the pool comp.

If you broke the table rules, you had to pay a 'fine' to the 'chop box', which was donated to childrens charity.

Cant speak for his criminal life but he was a funny guy who loved a beer and a yarn.

A pity he didnt kill more drug dealers and scumbag criminals I reckon, if any of his stories are true.

If a bloke had to choose company give me the straight shooters like him...not the d*ckheads who pretend.

You can be well F'd over by the smilers/pleasants in this world...reminds me of a HR job spec...

bt1

Yob said:
I've met, and continue to meet, many many assholes in this life.. I personally don't count him amount them..

If you've met him and are speaking from experience, let's hear it.. Naturally you are entitled to your opinion even if you have an opinion formed purely on media reports...

If you like I can recount a few real life stories that point toward the man not fitting the myth... I don't think this is the correct forum for that though.

;)
I suspect the people who have had bad experiences with him aren't around to share the story ;)

I got done for DUI a couple of times over a 10 year period (silly me) I've paid my time off the road + hefty fines + community service. However 11 years later there are still certain jobs I cannot apply for because I can't pass a criminal check.Till the day I die I will be branded a criminal although I didn't kill anybody.I believe chopper did his time and turned his life around, I think it's time to let chopper RIP !!!

Yob said:
Never personally held much sympathy for smack dealers nor bullies... so... er..

Mr Joe Public, had little if anything to fear from Mr Chop Chop.

Fuk em all with the blunt end of a bat, you'll get no tears from me for them nor their bent limbs and deformed forheads.

Dont get me wrong, I dont advocate many of the things he's reputed to have done, but the people to whom these alleged "crimes" were committed were no saints either nor deserving of either sympathy or defending (*here).
The word "bully" has a clear and accepted definition. The fact that you liked a bloke (or maybe that you don't know what that definition might be) does not change that definition in the slightest.

This has nothing to do with Chopper Read but justatad's avatar reminded
me of something Willie Nelson once said;

He said that" if you are ever going to screw an animal, then make it a horse, because when it is over at least you will have a ride home."

:)

Cheers

The Ned Kelly reference is lost on me, and the.many that have such is life tatoos often in the same category. Read the jerilderie letter, is about rampant corruption selectively prosecuting based on race that Kelly was rebelling against. The patsy fighting back. In Kelly's time the.English navy, army and governing bodies were corrupt, vicious and advantaged. There's a difference to wanting to form an independent.republic of northern Vic, and standing over a few drug dealers and telling stories.

Or is there...

Jokes aside, there's an eloquence to.the Kelly family that read did not possess. or was it Jim Byrne? (was that his name?)

There's always a romance of the crim, but chopper.was no Ned kelly, though, great crim story teller he was. If anything, he could spin a yarn. How many want to.disagree and watched underbelly? Even the morans spun.a good story...

To aca.

I find it interesting people are saying what he did was ok cause he just did it to drug dealers etc. I personally think the things Chopper did are far far worse than drug dealing. Drug dealers might not be the top rung in society but they are only giving the people what they want. I'm sure most people on here have at some stage bought drugs, I know I have. Dealers have families as well and are also capable of redemption. I saw Chopper and Jackos show and will never forget the young woman in the audience in hysterical tears who came just for the chance to tell him how he had wrecked her familys life. Watching her get dragged out of the room was a reality check on just who this "person" was. I won't be feeling sorry for Chopper leaving this world. Law enforcement is for the courts not thugs who decide whether or not to torture you before they kill you.

Back