Vacuum sealer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveHQ

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a vacuum sealer

The plan is to use it for packing hops into smaller amounts mostly

My wife is keen on the idea too, she has uses for it in the kitchen too

Does anyone have 1 that they'd recommend? Or any that I should steer clear of?

Aldi has 1 on special this week for $69, I googled the brand and it has fairly bad reviews, so maybe a bad choice?

I've never used 1 before so I'm not sure what to look for

Any advice will be appreciated!!

I was in Costante Imports on Bell St (Preston, VIC) today, primarily to buy some dextrose for bulk priming, but while looking at the vaccum sealers I got chatting to one of the ladies who work there. Asked about the prices, and the cheapest they sell was $340. And she said "...to be honest we don't really recommend that one, it's pretty cheap and nasty". Sheesh.

The rolls of food sealer bags I got from one seller on eBay smelt horrible, and left a bad taste in food. They were the standard bags that most sell (such as oz-auction).

I returned those and brought some from "aus-discounts" who assured me that they were food safe and made to their own specifications. I tested them out by filling them with water and boiling it in a pot. No smell, no taste.

My plain white $50 eBay special vac-sealer (maxkon) has given me no issues in over a year of service.

DU99 said:
few boys have bought from this place
I got mine from there, no problems thus far, seems like a solid unit. Try discount code TPC20 for 20% off and I think they were doing free shipping on orders over $75 last time I checked too.

I have a Maxkon. They are cheap and can store a roll of bags, you cut your own size bags from a roll, it can vac seal canisters and come with a couple of free rolls of bags. Worth its weight in gold I reckon :drinks:

I've got a Luvelo one that I bought from eBay. It came with lots of free rolls and bags and I'm very happy with it.

I like the idea of onboard storage in the one Amber Fluid linked to above - I probably give that one a shot if I had my time again.

Latest posts

Back