Using Up Ingredients

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfella

Reaction score
I ve got a glutton of hops that I would like to use up.

I have been searching recipes trying something that will suit my grain and hop stocks.

How do the rest of you go about finding a recipe to suit, it would be great if you could search the recipe database via ingredients.

Thanks

Bigfella

what have you got ?

I like to make something big like an Ipa, Stout, depends on what you have lying around

chees

Inventory.gif
Here is what I have in stock
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

You're pretty much stuck making a few aussie style beers using the cluster and pride. As for the nugget (and I suppose the cluster too) you could use as general bittering for just about anything. The hallertauer could go in a weizen, the saaz a bo-pilsner, and the challenger for something english; possibly an english IPA.

As for getting rid of it all quickly though... thats a bucketload of hops.

You're pretty much stuck making a few aussie style beers using the cluster and pride. As for the nugget (and I suppose the cluster too) you could use as general bittering for just about anything. The hallertauer could go in a weizen, the saaz a bo-pilsner, and the challenger for something english; possibly an english IPA.

As for getting rid of it all quickly though... thats a bucketload of hops.

I wasn't really after getting rid of them quickly. Just after some ideas to use them up.
Thanks

I'm sure getting rid of the noble hops will be the least of your worries, but you've got the makings of a great Oktoberfest/Marzen there. Pils, Munich, saaz, hallertaur, add a bit of melanoidan (or do a decoction), and a touch of caraamber, WLP820 or 833 :chug:

And might I say, thats a serious amount of crystal to have lying about!!!

Back