Using Brewmate Recipe Designer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teddybear

Reaction score
When using Brewmates Recipe designer, why are some of the panels highlighted in yellow? For example OG, bitterness and colour are highlighted in my recipe.

When using Brewmates Recipe designer, why are some of the panels highlighted in yellow? For example OG, bitterness and colour are highlighted in my recipe.

This is the "Style Nazi" feature to let you know when the stat's on your brew fall outside the range as dictated by the BJCPO guidelines. If you roll the mouse over the yellow boxes, it should give you the range for that style. Can be turned off

Cheers

It's probably because you've got "Style Nazi" mode switched on and the yellow highlight alerts you that your recipe is too strong/weak, bitter/not bitter enough, too light/dark etc etc for the style you have selected.

edit: as MS said.

I wondered what style nazi mode meant.

So if you set a recipe style this will alert you if your within those style guidelines?

Good one..

I wondered what style nazi mode meant.

So if you set a recipe style this will alert you if your within those style guidelines?

Good one..

Just to clarify what i think you meant....

alert you if you fall 'outside' of those style guidelines.

Would hate to see your face at taste testing having slaved over a brew with yellow pasted in all boxes :p

Cheers,
D80

Just to clarify what i think you meant....

alert you if you fall 'outside' of those style guidelines.

Would hate to see your face at taste testing having slaved over a brew with yellow pasted in all boxes :p

Cheers,
D80

LOL..Ok so yellow means your out of the guidelines...Thanks for clearing that up.

Latest posts

Back