University Of Qld Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekul

Reaction score
I recently started attending UQ in st lucia, I went to the 'market day' and was surprised that there wasn't a single homebrewing club. If there are any AHB members that attend UQ and would like to discuss all things brewing i would like to meet you. Whether you're a knk, an extract or all grainer i'd just like to meet some locals to talk brewing. If you're going to uni there that would be even better, might even be able to form a UQ brewing club, they give out a $250 bar tab to all registered clubs... :)

BTW i haven't actually moved to brisbane yet, i am really unorganised and as such do not have a permanent place to live (anyone who wants to help with that is welcomed too!) so at the moment all my brew gear is up north. I went home for the weekend to do a brew but i forgot to wash my cubes out last week and as such they are full of greeblies. Gave them a soak overnight but it will take a little longer to sort that out as they still stink! So i'm packing up the brew gear and taking it back with me, sadly i can't fit the keg fridge so i'm bottling up 7.5 cartons! My mum threw out my long necks so the majority of it is in stubbies too!! Is taking forever.

Also, if i don't PM straight back its because i'm away from the computer a fair bit.

I'm a BIAB brewer, and i reckon i make a pretty tasty brew.

thanks all

Ekul, welcome to BABBs :lol:

My mate was a research fellow at UQ till recently and he said there was a group of guys (mostly academics) there who were interested in starting brewing so they could do handpumped beer for the club bar, but haven't heard if they ever got going. I half remember one of them even contacting this forum?? However I'm sure you'll find a few people there who are interested in home brew.

Will you have your own transport? Otherwise there are a lot of us here quite handy for pubic transport - you'll have to come over for a BIAB brew day & stay over if you like, bus stop at end of street.

Cheers
Bribie G

Thanks Bribie, I was already planning on joining BABBS, did a bit of reading on their website, looks like a great club. :beer:

The reason for asking about UQ specifically is because i have to go there every day anyway, so it would be convenient for me to meet people there.

But you will absolutely be seeing me at BABBs once i get settled. I got transport too.

thanks mate

Back