Under Bench Keg Fridge - Model Please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOG

Reaction score
(Yet another keg fridge thread!)

The wife has agreed to allow me to convert a double garage into a "Man Cave"

It's got a Full bathroom, and a Full Kitchen.
The Kitchen has been designed to have a small cabinet positioned in the middle of the bench to allow for the gas bottle and tubes for the beer taps to punch into. The space beside that is for a small keg fridge.

What I'm after is the pros / Cons against different models of roughly 100 litre fridges that will (from new) have holes drilled for gas lines and Beer out etc.
From initial investigation it looks like you can only get 2 kegs into them due to compressor hump. I have a few kegs.

Anyone got any sugestions, pictures of installations.

Note I will also have an additional Full Size fridge for bottle beer, Wine , Softdrink for the kids etc. So this is just about underbench keg fridges.

BOG

id get the measurements of a keg plus a bit of room for the disconnects and go looking. i have sitting in the shed 3 x 120 litre bar fridges and my cornies dont fit into it..

sorry to not have been much help on the model tho

(Yet another keg fridge thread!)

The wife has agreed to allow me to convert a double garage into a "Man Cave"

It's got a Full bathroom, and a Full Kitchen.
The Kitchen has been designed to have a small cabinet positioned in the middle of the bench to allow for the gas bottle and tubes for the beer taps to punch into. The space beside that is for a small keg fridge.

What I'm after is the pros / Cons against different models of roughly 100 litre fridges that will (from new) have holes drilled for gas lines and Beer out etc.
From initial investigation it looks like you can only get 2 kegs into them due to compressor hump. I have a few kegs.

Anyone got any sugestions, pictures of installations.

Note I will also have an additional Full Size fridge for bottle beer, Wine , Softdrink for the kids etc. So this is just about underbench keg fridges.

BOG

Hey BOG,
Is there enough room for a kegerator? Three kegs 3 taps, minimal space.
Like one of these, although available at lots of places.

keg fridge

You can buy a kegerator fridge without the font etc from Craftbrewer, probably can get one in Sydney somewhere....
do you have Summit, Avanti, Danby? We also have the commercial brand Superior. I am prone to a small chest freezer with a temp controller. I have one in the works...need a tower.

You can easily get a chest freezer at counter height. you can put matching formica laminate on there if you need it fancy

Thanks for the responses,

I have a had the kitchen / Bar ordered (~$10,000) and had a space for the keg fridge designed into it. The space is a standard underbench fridge / Dishwasher hole.

I thought about the chest freezer but won't be able to open the top. The alternative was to have a kegerator sitting seperately in the room but I really like the idea of a 3 tap font mounted in the stone bench top.

It sounds like a hell of a lot of money, and it is, but it's the last chance I get to do anything like this, so I'm going to try and get it right. (and she said yes, so I'm using it for all it's worth!)

I thought the kegerator was a solid state device (i.e. no compressor) and the feedback was it didn't keep the kegs cold on hot days. Happy to be corrected on that one.

I suppose I'll have to take a keg to my local Good Guys store and see if it fits.

BOG

Bump

The wife has given me the ok to install a keg set up at home on one condition: everything needs to be out of sight. The font will be affixed to the kitchen bench top, but the rest of the equipment - fridge, co2 etc - needs to be in a cupboard under the bench. The space available is ample for a bar fridge. 550mm (d) x 600mm (w) x 720mm (h). There's room for a 2.x kg co2 bottle. I have a power socket down there. A keg master series 3 would be ideal, but the boss has ruled it out.

I've done a search and have found plenty of info on how to build a keg set up. Thanks.

What I'm looking for is some inspiration. Has anyone out there built an under bench keg set up? Is it as easy as installing the fridge and other required parts under the bench, cutting a hole to run the beer lines and affixing a font to the bench top? Does anyone have pictures of what they've done?

Any inspiration in the form of photos or positive encouragement would be appreciated.

Cheers, Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Interested to hear if you have had any progress? I am working on a similar project (with very similar guidelines from the wife). I have already had the cabinetmaker install the cabinets, and I have left a provision for a kegerator. I'm planning on having the kegerator sitting under the bench and accessible from the rear so the front looks like a series of drawers, but it's actually a false panel.

My install will be part of an outdoor kitchen / alfesco area with my BBQ and a sink / tap and a caesar stone bench. The rear access to replace kegs etc is down the side of my house so it's out of sight of guests if I need to store extras or anything of the like.

I haven't purchased the kegerator yet and I am concerned about the temperature thing too, however craftbrewer appear to have modified this to achieve the cooler temps. I am investigating this now.

Currently I don't home brew so initially I will be running commercial stuff, but joining this forum (first post) and my goal is to start to brew my own as soon as I have finished my build.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back