underbar fridge to store kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

63corvette

Reaction score
Hey all I'm an absolute beginner here, I'm just finishing off a BBQ area that I am building a bar in and wanting to put 2 x beer taps out the top of the stone bench top and intend on putting a 3 door under counter fridge directly below for keg storage as well as bottle and food storage. Im needing some advise on what fridge I require for kegs and just a general set up.

NOTE... I am an absoluite beginner having never brewed any alcohol never dealt with kegs etc but will eventualy have a go just wanting to get this et up correct so when its party time it all works correctly

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Don’t really have a budget just want to do it right, I have 2m total bar length but hoping to keep fridge to 1.5m max. Don’t want taps out of top of fridge but rather wanting to run hoses out fridge to taps in top of stone bench top

Don’t want taps out of top of fridge but rather wanting to run hoses out fridge to taps in top of stone bench top
If you're not very careful you're going to run into cooling issues (actually heating issues) a remote font tower (which is what you are describing) will get to ambient temp pretty quickly, and pouring a schooner or more of foam every time you want a beer will get old real quick.
The icy glycol chilled fonts in bars aren't just for show, there's many ways to skin this particular cat, just be aware that this issue does need to be addressed or you will be a very unhappy barman.

Latest posts

Back