Under bench fridges

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judanero

Yeast maketh the beer.
Reaction score
Does anyone use one for housing their kegs?

Since the death of my chesty I have been approved by the minister for finance to purchase something like:

http://www.deluxeproducts.com.au/CyberCool-330L-Three-Door-Under-Bench-Drinks-Bar-Fridge?gclid=COPLjd_jm8cCFZeWvQodUbwBSg

but so far the ones I've seen seem to be just too small to fit a cornie in front of the compressor, if anyone is using one do you have a model number or something I can look up?

Trying to resist getting another chesty so I can make moving kegs a bit easier.

Judanero said:
Keg King also imports them. I've had one or many years, still running. The cheap chrome work on it rusted. There were some that the display/controller failed, but I'm not sure if it has been resolved. You can buy the part separately if it does fail, or if mine fails I would consider running it from an stc. Overall it's done the job for many years and they look neater than a chesty. That's a great price for it.

Keg King also do commercial sized fridges for keg, but they are reported to be fairly noisy.

Judanero said:
Does anyone use one for housing their kegs?

Since the death of my chesty I have been approved by the minister for finance to purchase something like:

http://www.deluxeproducts.com.au/CyberCool-330L-Three-Door-Under-Bench-Drinks-Bar-Fridge?gclid=COPLjd_jm8cCFZeWvQodUbwBSg

but so far the ones I've seen seem to be just too small to fit a cornie in front of the compressor, if anyone is using one do you have a model number or something I can look up?

Trying to resist getting another chesty so I can make moving kegs a bit easier.
I like the idea, I'm on my second chesty and when it dies would love to go this path. I must say I have always bought cheap secondhand units.
This one looks nice, http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bar-Fridge-Display-Cooler-Double-Glass-3-Door-Stainless-Steel-338-Litre-RRP-2899/231642115345?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140106155344%26meid%3Db9214541267f462a84aa351747e72498%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D201166045398

BJB said:
I looked at these initially but there is only a 200mm distance from the inside of the door to the compressor hump.

I just use a standard bar fridge. Picked it up for next to nothing. I had to bend the freezer out and pin it to the back walls to fit 2 cornies. I use a fridge mate to control the temps as this caused the whole fridge to become a freezer. Has been running non stop for over 10 years now.
Cheers.
Dez

I looked into using an under bench fridge as a chesty was not going to work in my application. All of the ones I found were either too short to fit corny kegs, or had compressor humps which interfered with keg placement. For a good fridge you pay upwards of $1200. I could not find anything which suited keg applications, unless you use a picnic gun or similar.

The only bench type fridge that I found works is the Keg King Grand Deluxe. I bought one, they are noisy but do work well. Suggest if you go down this path you put it outside. Otherwise a chest freezer or the Kegerator.

My search was not exhaustive so you may find something that suits.

Thanks everyone for their input, I think I'm going to buy two of the kegerators so I can run six taps and don't really have to bother with modifying it (which it looks like I would have to if I went the under bench all in one option).

The Grand deluxe does look the business but is a bit more than I have allocated, and there's only one place it can go so being noisy would rule that out instantly.

Latest posts

Back