Two cars written-off in 3 weeks - Still standing!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
Take there phone of them for 6 months.

That will teach them
Wot? Separate a Gen-Y'er from their social media? That would require surgical intervention & months of counselling in rehab.

How about a "Dob-in a dickhead driver" program? Double the fines & demerit points if they're a "P" Plater.

In all seriousness, the licensing requirements are crap these days compared to European standards (as mentioned earlier in the thread).

I reckon compulsory time on a skid-pan & maybe alcohol-affected training (in a controlled environment of course & dependent on religious affiliations) would teach young drivers to deal with adverse conditions & realise their own limitations. I learned to drive in the UK on snow & ice & can recognise when it's not even safe to drive anywhere near the speed limit.

Don't get me wrong here. I maybe getting on a bit, but still enjoy chucking a car around a winding road, threading the apexes together & feeling the feedback from the wheel & the tyres, but that sort of thing comes from experience & I know when discretion is the better part of valour & to back-off.

Mr Williams, 19, welcomed the changes, saying he was particularly keen to drive a turbocharged BMW 125i he has his eye on.
“I think if you are a good driver and you know what you can do with a car, and you are sensible, then it’s OK to have a powerful turbocharged car,” he said yesterday.
“I could certainly handle a turbocharged BMW.”

At 19 years old, he "thinks" he "could" handle a turbocharged BMW.

Defence rests....

MartinOC said:
Mr Williams, 19, welcomed the changes, saying he was particularly keen to drive a turbocharged BMW 125i he has his eye on.
“I think if you are a good driver and you know what you can do with a car, and you are sensible, then it’s OK to have a powerful turbocharged car,” he said yesterday.
“I could certainly handle a turbocharged BMW.”

At 19 years old, he "thinks" he "could" handle a turbocharged BMW.

Defence rests....
“I tink f U R a gud drivR & U knO wot U cn do w a car, & U R sensible, thN it’s k 2 hav a powerful turbocharged car
“I c%d certainly handL a turbocharged BMW.”

m8.....

latest model Lamborgini isnt turbo charged.

Should be an ideal first time drivers car

Latest posts

Back