A Friend Of Mine

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matti

Swedes Bryggeri
Reaction score
A friend of mine in Sweden used to visit his ailing mother every fortnight and bring her a little something and a bit of weekend company as she lived alone in a little house in the country.
As it was it was winter and time for another visit.
The day was brilliant but cold, with clear blue skies and snow covered the tree tops as it had snowed a fair bit the last couple of days.
My buddy jumped into his car and drove the short distance,but as he got to the turn off he decided to walk the last few kilometers to the house.
The day was clear and the road in was not fully plowed and thought he might get bogged anyway.
he parked the car on the side of the road and got out.
He started to walk along and realized how silent and beautiful everything was. The only sound he could hear was the sound of his muffled foot steps in the 3 inch of fresh snow that had fallen the night before.
My friend had walked for about ten minutes when he saw something lying on the road a bit further up.
In the snow on the middle of the road was a little Robin lifeless.

Being an animal friend he though he give it a burial and picked the bird up and realized it was still alive and breathing.
The bird was barely alive but yet it was alive.
He put the bird in his pocket and though maybe it would warm it up a little and see if he could nurse it back to health.
As my friend walked along he walked past a cow paddock.
The cow much have been let out becasue there was some steaming cow dungs still near the fence.

An idea sprung up.
It was probable not a good idea to bring the bird into his mother dwelling, after all she had several cats.
My friend thought if he put the bird in the cow dung it would be nice and warm and he could check on it on his way back.

He then proceeded with taking the the life-less Robin out of his pocket and made room in the dung and gently put the bird in the cow shit.

Off he went being rather proud of himself.

Not too long after he walked off to visit his ailing mother the bird started to warm up and started realise its predicament.
Once the bird was wide alert again it started to chirp and sing trying to get out of its situation which it had no idea how it may have come about.

A nearby fox scavaging for some winter fodder could hear the singing and chirping and proceeded to investigate only to find out that someone had served him a very tasty snack.

The fox went into the cow paddock and ate up the bird and walked off with a content shitty grin on its face.

The morale of the story?

It is not alway the bad guys who put you in the shit.
it is not alway the good guys that pull you out from the shit.

But if you are in the Shit DONT SING
!

TRue story :rolleyes:

Back