Two cars written-off in 3 weeks - Still standing!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinOC

Insert something suitably witty here
Reaction score
SWMBO wrapped her car around a tree a month ago.

DSCN1450.JPG

Got the old man's car as a replacement & had it only 4 days when this happened to me a couple of weeks ago:

DSCN1457.JPG

Here's the car of the Fuckwit green "P"-plater who lost it & came at me sideways (going too fast in the wet, in the dark, on a winding road). Impact speed - WELL over 130 K's (he's been charged):

DSCN1459.JPG

Couple of cracked ribs & bruising later, I still can't breathe, walk, or do my job comfortably.

Why the **** don't people adjust their driving to the conditions???? This bloke would've been on the road, what 3 years all-up? 'Hope he learns from the experience.

Glad to hear you and yours are okay.
As for the P plate driver,= fuckwit. That amount of damage is not done by legal speeds,and I'm not saying all P plate drivers are f,wits,the roads are menaced by morons of all ages and operators .
As for learning from the experience lets hope so.

Yeah, I hear you Spog - was just having a bit of a rant whilst my codeine level/intake was down. Maybe should've put this in the random rants thread.

I just see so many aggressive/stupid/blase drivers on the road & they're invariably green "P" platers who think they can drive anything at any speed & handle any situation, when they've got F*k-all experience. Any wonder they're not allowed to drive V8's & turbocharged vehicles.

If this bloke had been carrying a passenger, it would've been a fatality & he would be doing time for culpable driving.

Watching people doing donuts, skids and other hooning shenanigans makes me wonder about who should really be entitled to operate machinery that can easily kill or maim.

Just looking at that picture, dont look like a lot if tread on that fromt tyre - and yeah, main thing is you walked away. Good to hear that.

Got more than enough moron P platters here in Port Lincoln when school holidays start the dumb pricks roar around the streets with no care, some of them are truly temporary Aussies.
But older drivers who should know better are rife,an excellent example here in Lincoln are the too numerous parents who after dropping theirs kids at school drive like dickheads.
Two schools here are divided by a side road but both front onto a major road which during peak school times is crowded with kids, and I'm constantly shocked by the parents who have either dropped their kids off or picked them up and drive at the maximum allowable speed through such areas instead of giving a ****.
It seems to me to be a case of complacency , as in " my kids are safe " so here I come look out !
It truly is bewildering to watch.

O T ish post ....

Must be the season for it.

Courtesy of u turning young man on a work visa who's licence was issued in Mumbai.
That's around $8500 worth, and climbing.
Astonishingly, the insurance he arranged on the side of the road as his Hyundai sat there leaking fluids seems to have been rejected by the company..

3af5cabe-9cf8-445d-b75e-9eed7e74e04c_zpsepqtd4y9.jpg

Least I got him good as he got me..

e076bab2-ce79-4d3a-a73c-2c0f1af15df8_zpskwpiaehr.jpg

manticle said:
Watching people doing donuts, skids and other hooning shenanigans makes me wonder about who should really be entitled to operate machinery that can easily kill or maim.
I feel the same way every time I see a 100kg + professional footballer loose control of himself and punch another player in the face.

F me - glad you guys walked away Martin.

I firmly believe we need more vigorous and regular testing of capability to use a motor vehicle. We need to get out of the mindset that driving is a right. There are far too many deaths every year caused by inattention, excessive speed for conditions, being affected by drug/alcohol/tired etc and no actual ability to control a vehicle or pay attention to surroundings.

Bring on self-driving vehicles.

Parks said:

I firmly believe we need more vigorous and regular testing of capability to use a motor vehicle. We need to get out of the mindset that driving is a right. There are far too many deaths every year caused by inattention, excessive speed for conditions, being affected by drug/alcohol/tired etc and no actual ability to control a vehicle or pay attention to surroundings.

Absolutely
There's good reason why northern European roads are at once, some of the most treacherous, yet the safest on the planet. Their licencing and driver training is vigorous to say the least.
There was even an old saying in motorsport. If you want to win, hire a Fin.
Häkkinen
Rosberg
Bottas
Makinen, and on and on and on and on.

Not bad for a country with 2 million fewer people then NSW.

I think these driving schools have something to answer for.
I see too many young drivers doing the same things and making the same mistakes for it to have been taught to them by their parents.

I propose a data base that links young drivers to their instructors. If a certain instructor's students have more accidents than average in say their first couple of years, then the competence of the instructor has to be looked at. I am certain some drivers have not been taught properly.

That's S.A. I am talking here. The state where neither young nor old have the slightest idea on how to merge.

Parks said:

Don't get me started, the number of gumbies I see 'driving' around with eyes flickering twixt mobile and road is astounding. And the pause between looks up gets longer.

MartinOC said:
Here's the car of the Fuckwit green "P"-plater who lost it & came at me sideways (going too fast in the wet, in the dark, on a winding road). Impact speed - WELL over 130 K's (he's been charged):

attachicon.gif
DSCN1459.JPG
Probably end up with a loss of licence, but then end up driving unlicensed anyway

I feel sorry for that innocent Triumph in the background though

I propose a mandatory $3000 fine and 5 year suspension for any driver caught texting.

And recreational cyclists banned from public roads in between 6 and 9 am and 3 and 6 pm weekdays on penalty of a sound tazing to their Lycra clad buttocks.

And a ban on fat men wearing Lycra at all times.

If I see someone on the phone whilst driving, I'll signal to them to put their phone away (Just your usual hanging up of imaginary hand-in-shape-of-phone situation).

9 times out of 10 I'll get verbally abused or flipped the bird. Then I'll give them a cheeky smile, friendly wave and be on my way.

Darwin can see them coming..

I honestly can't believe how many people are on their phones though, especially young people. Not too often you drive past someone on their P's who aren't looking down at their laps whilst behind the wheel.

Back OT, my dad, sister and wife have all been hit by other drivers in the past 2 months resulting in 2 cars being write-offs. Thankfully no one has been injured and not once were they at fault.

Dave70 said:
Courtesy of u turning young man on a work visa who's licence was issued in Mumbai.
That's around $8500 worth, and climbing.
Astonishingly, the insurance he arranged on the side of the road as his Hyundai sat there leaking fluids seems to have been rejected by the company..
I had a guy driving for me when the regular driver didn't show, same thing Mumbai issued licence, I had to tell him that if the Transit got any thinner we wouldn't be able to fit anything in it, and he couldn't resist hitting the dump master when he was reversing into the loading bay. But he did say it was easier to drive over here than in Mumbai.

glad you are both relatively OK Martin, it is a stark reminder...

yep Mums and Dads late for School have nearly run me off the road numerous times when working as a Postie, that's always nice when you're on a bike and someone comes around the corner in the middle of the road

other than speeding "P" professionals, i saw a guy riding his 1000cc motorbike to work today in his shorts - i just friggin love seeing that, no-wonder my TAC on the motorbike rego is so friggin' high, it should be illegal to ride a motorbike without approved safety gear

i think we need to get back to the root (pardon the pun) of all this - you have to go through testing (albeit clearly not enough) to get your licence but any fuckwit can go and have kids...

I was gonna say that we were probably all a bit of a ratbag when we first got our licences but then yesterday while driving along S.E. Freeway I saw a clown in a white ute with a green P plate weaving in and out of traffic at a friggin' ridiculous speed. It wasn't only his life that was at risk! maybe they should have to do a mentality test before getting their licence
and ban bloody international licences if you cant read english!

Dave70 said:
I feel the same way every time I see a 100kg + professional footballer loose control of himself and punch another player in the face.
I think deaths and injuries relating to automobiles might be a tad higher than footballers.

Apples, oranges and lychees.

Dave70 said:
I propose a mandatory $3000 fine and 5 year suspension for any driver caught texting.

And recreational cyclists banned from public roads in between 6 and 9 am and 3 and 6 pm weekdays on penalty of a sound tazing to their Lycra clad buttocks.

And a ban on fat men wearing Lycra at all times.
Take there phone of them for 6 months.

That will teach them

Stolen Cars have a magnetic attraction to trees and power poles even on dead straight roads must be at least one fatality reported every day.. Wonder if Blue lights and sirens turn on a 'Tractor Beam'

Latest posts

Back