Tutored Tasting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow this is right up my street. I don't know if either of these kits are highly rated (i.e. one is better than the other and we just pick that one) but either sound great. The first impresses me with it's info-graphics... :p

Kevin Hawley said:
Please have a look at http://www.flavoractiv.com/drinks/beers/enthusiast-kit/ and http://www.aroxa.com/beer/beer-flavour-standard-kit/beer-uno-kit/
Let's choose what we want to do, and we'll talk to the kind gentlemen of TRB to see when they might be able to accommodate us.
Hi Kev,

Did TRB offer to pay / contribute towards the purchase of one of these kits?
In a club environment I would think the professional kit would the best investment due to minimal cost per person and great education for a lot of club members.

Both companies are highly rated. I have experience only with aroxa but I believe flavor-activ are used a lot in industry sensory training.

The aroxa is good value although the one main issue is that it doesn't come with a couple of the very common faults, including acetaldehyde.
If you buy an individual acetaldehyde kit in addition to the uno, it still ends up cheaper. Aroxa have a good shelf life. Siebel (another taint kit manufacturer) do not. Unsure about flavour-acvtiv but should be easy enough to find out.

Actually just saw flavour activ is 20 tasters and includes acetaldehyde so financially, that wins.

Ill chip in for whatever so long as it works with my work schedule. (Tuesday nights work for me and seem doable for most)

New_guy said:
Hi Kev,

Did TRB offer to pay / contribute towards the purchase of one of these kits?
In a club environment I would think the professional kit would the best investment due to minimal cost per person and great education for a lot of club members.
Err, no. The club has to stump up for these, I'm afraid, which is fair enough I reckon, since they are offering the venue and the tutoring.

Kevin Hawley said:
Err, no. The club has to stump up for these, I'm afraid, which is fair enough I reckon, since they are offering the venue and the tutoring.
Apologies Kevin - misread your post!
I was surprised at what I (mis)read
Maybe something to vote on once we get going?

New_guy said:
Apologies Kevin - misread your post!
I was surprised at what I (mis)read
Maybe something to vote on once we get going?
actually my fault. Original post was badly worded now I read it again.

Latest posts

Back