Turn Key Ag Rigs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WSC,

Come down anytime if you want to have a look. I'm brewing pretty well every other day at present if you want to see it in action.

cheers Ross

Thanks Ross I will call before I come down. Not sure when at this stage, but thanks for the offer.
Cheers.

I know I'm dredging up an old thread but have there been any additions to turn-key systems in Australia yet?Anyone with the newer Sabco brew magic, B3 etc?
Cheers,
Karl

I know I'm dredging up an old thread but have there been any additions to turn-key systems in Australia yet?Anyone with the newer Sabco brew magic, B3 etc?
Cheers,
Karl

Does a Braumeister count?

I'd like to hear from Ross what he would prefer to brew with, the Sabco or the Braumeister. Pro's and cons would be good too.

Cheers

I'd like to hear from Ross what he would prefer to brew with, the Sabco or the Braumeister. Pro's and cons would be good too.

Cheers

Hey Brad does my bag count as turnkey? :lol:

Cheers

I'm interesred as well, Ross?

+1 re the pros and cons.

One of the issues i had heard about on the Sabco was the drain on the boil kettle is in the centre of the base which means you cant whirlpool as you would just suck all the trub out when you started to pump out the kettle.

pic_urn.jpg
+
BIAB-BAG.jpg
= Turnkey brewery?

+1 re the pros and cons.

One of the issues i had heard about on the Sabco was the drain on the boil kettle is in the centre of the base which means you cant whirlpool as you would just suck all the trub out when you started to pump out the kettle.
Which is why the use of a false bottom in the kettle is the way to go for central dump out the base.

I've talked to Ross in the past about the sabco, as he has it sitting in the shop. Says he loves brewing on it (when he once did) but also says if the braumeisters were more available when he got the sabco, he would of just got one of those for an easy brew day on electricity rather than the full gas setup.

Paraphrasing of course, but that was my impression. Sabco is a nice bit of kit though

Which is why the use of a false bottom in the kettle is the way to go for central dump out the base.

I've talked to Ross in the past about the sabco, as he has it sitting in the shop. Says he loves brewing on it (when he once did) but also says if the braumeisters were more available when he got the sabco, he would of just got one of those for an easy brew day on electricity rather than the full gas setup.

Paraphrasing of course, but that was my impression. Sabco is a nice bit of kit though

How would a 3V electric system fit in? Best of both worlds?

Cheers,
Karl

The FARRA guys in NZ who advertised in the Beer & Brewer mag a while back, make a pretty sweet (IMO) 3 tier system.

I was very close to pulling the trigger when a larger second 3V system came up with a lot of extras for less than half the price.

FARRA SBB (Small Batch Brewery)

Cost is NZ$3735 (~AUD$3000) plus GST plus freight. I didn't get any info from AHB members when I put a thread out a while back, but someone might have bought one since then. I got in touch with the FARRA guys for more info (probably out of date thought), so can post that if interested.

Cheers
:beer:

something along these lines then http://theelectricbrewery.com/
it looks pretty good except that you cant run both elements at the same time.

Thats what I was thinking of ;) . If you ran the kettle and the HLT on separate circuits you could run both at once. Thats how I have mine configured. Although I haven't had a need to run both at once yet.

This is a very relevant thread for me at the moment. I'm waying up whether to spend some money on my rig, eg pumps, chiller, tri ball valves and so on or fork out for a braumeister or a turn key.
Hope for some more updates soon fellas :D

This is a very relevant thread for me at the moment. I'm waying up whether to spend some money on my rig, eg pumps, chiller, tri ball valves and so on or fork out for a braumeister or a turn key.
Hope for some more updates soon fellas :D

Sorry, A little OT:

If you have the coin to go a braumeister or build - simple question to answer IMO - do you enjoy the building and design? If no, BM, if yes build your own designed and build rig and be proud of it every time you brew etc... Not saying either is better because the BM seems awesome, just saying, for me and I am sure others, the build and designing is as much fun as the brewing.

Sorry OT 2c.

Everybody asking Sir Ross about pro's and cons of BM vs Sabco.... judging from the passion that people have for their BM's and some responses I have read on related threads I can see why he chooses not to answer :unsure:.

I was also looking at a Braumeister , and while I don't own one and so do not have the benefit of experience thought I'd have a crack at the question myself. So I could be wrong, but feel free to correct add or comment...

The point, to help me decide which is best for purpose...

Sabco

Pros
Touch Screen Colour graphical microprocessor control
Data recording downloadable to PC
Graduated sightglasses on HLT and boiler for accurate volume measurements
Can begin a second batch while previous is boiling
Higher grain capacity (for bigger beers)
CIP by recirculation

Cons
No electric option
Whirlpooling difficult
Cost

Braumeister

Pros
Small footprint
Single heating element
Single vessel

Cons
Lifting out grain a challenge on 50l + systems
No gas option
Separate hot water source required for rinsing
Cleaning of the elements
Cleaning of the pump
Available ampage for 50l

BM has cons around available ampage as well re 50l or batch size/ABV for 20l.

They're all great systems I'm sure.

Latest posts

Back