Tupperware On Special At Big W

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattC

Reaction score
After going the cheap option and buying some crap plastic containers to store my specilaty grains, only to have them go stale, I have upgraded and bought a heap of DECOR 3L tall tupperware containers. They cost me about $7.80 each but well worth it.

Anyway the week after i bought them, BIG W has them on special for half price until next wednesday. You can also buy the yellow clip on labels for about $2 for 12.

Just thought I would pass on this info!!!

Might go and get another 4.

Cheers

Spec_Malts.JPG

Wonder if it's a national thing? Might have to brave the hoards at the shopping centre tomorrow.

Haveing grown up in a house FULL of Tupperware , monthly Partys, women laughing and drinking cheep wine , more laughing on in to the night as us kids tryed too get too sleep ... and endless plastic crap ..

I have too say that Decore plastic is Not Tupperware ... But a good option nether the less...

Sorry about the pedantic rave .. :(

cheers

How much uncracked grain can you store in one of those? I'm guessing a bit over 2kg?

Haveing grown up in a house FULL of Tupperware , monthly Partys, women laughing and drinking cheep wine , more laughing on in to the night as us kids tryed too get too sleep ... and endless plastic crap ..

I have too say that Decore plastic is Not Tupperware ... But a good option nether the less...

Sorry about the pedantic rave .. :(

cheers

No probs Bunyip, happy to be corrected. But gee sounds like your childhood was rough!!! :lol:

OT my wife throws 'tupperware' parties :eek: so i know all to well how you feel bunyip

Are they moisture proof? It'll kill your grain and shorten the shelf life if they're not.

I'd love to have some sort of tupperware storage for my grain and sugar but I'm a we bit cautious.

Roger Bussell was a guest speaker at a WCB meeting and moisture is death to grain.

Edit: typo

Are they moisture proof? It'll kill your grain and shorten the shelf life if they're not.

I'd love to have some sort of tupperware storage for my grain and sugar but I'm a we bit cautious.

Roger Bussell was a guest speaker at a WCB meeting and moisture is death to grain.

Edit: typo

They are a heap more moisture proof than my last storage method. I will be keeping a close eye on the quality over time. If moisture appears to be an issue, I may have to modify the storage method by adding an interior bag of some description, only time will tell.

Out of curiousity, how do you store your grains?

Cheers

Personally I store my speciality grains in 1.8L Decore containers. These containers are then stored in another 50ish L plastic container with lid. The second container is more to keep everything together, but it can't hurt with keeping bugs & air away.

If i've opened a sack of base malt it gets poured in to 2 20L seal-able buckets. Full sacks sit in a 60L black garbage bin with lid.

Spec grains i've kept this way for more than a year and they're still fresh.

Latest posts

Back