Trying To Source A Large Boiler In Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Warren,

What kind of burner do you use for that size boil? what's the BTU? It looks a bit like the 130,000 BTU burner that grain and grape are selling. Is that right?

I don't mean to hyjack this thread or anything, but this is something I've been wondering about recently. How many BTUs do you need to do a 60L boil? I have seen 4-ring burners in camping stores that are 40,000 BTUs, and I am pretty sure I have seen a few 50L setups using them...

If I bought a 130,000 BTU burner could that conceivably do a 200L boil? I know, that's big, but I am tentatively thinking of starting a very small commercial operation which would have a batch size of 180L and a 200L boil.

Cheers! :beer:

T.D.

Yep, it's the G&G job. The infamous NASA burner. Boils 40 Litres without skipping a beat. I suspect it could easily do double that at a pinch.

If you're contemplating a burner I can recommend the NASA highly (as could several others on this forum). :beerbang:

Warren -

Back