True South Brewery, Black Rock Vic

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hopefully they dont have strippers....brumby upped the licence fee from $300 per year to $30,000!

On topic - good luck with the licence Sam. We are all dying to try the beers!

It's been a bloody frustrating 6 weeks, but I'm told we might have the licence in our hot little hands early next week.

The response from the local community has been amazing, peeps a gagging to get in here and enjoy the whole experience, even the local licencing Sarge is having 2 functions here! :beer:

On a brewing note, I brewed our pilsner yesterday and will get some dry hops in it tomorrow :beerbang: 4 beers in the system now.

Good work Sam. although i wish you got your licence on the weekend. Ive got Monday off

keep us in the loop.

Re-checked this thread over the weekend and was gutted the guys haven't got their licence yet.

Was out on the bay fishing for 5hrs and was hoping to grab a glass on the way through to home.

Might have to hold that drink a little while yet.

Will be sure to get down to a celebratory tipple when you guys open. Has been frustrating for the punters, must be even more so for everyone on the brew floor!

Hopper.

Re-checked this thread over the weekend and was gutted the guys haven't got their licence yet.

Was out on the bay fishing for 5hrs and was hoping to grab a glass on the way through to home.

Might have to hold that drink a little while yet.

Will be sure to get down to a celebratory tipple when you guys open. Has been frustrating for the punters, must be even more so for everyone on the brew floor!

Hopper.

FISHING!?!? Did someone say fishing?

All the services for the brewery are on the roof and I have to go up there twice a day to attend to the boiler, one of the service guys commented on the view today and I said to him the worst thing about the bloody view, is watching all the buggers out fishing :icon_drool2: :blink:

no news yet paul.

On my "to do" list for the summer holidays = talk brother in-law in to taking his newly converted old prawn trawler out and fish our way around from Rye to the brewery. If the fish are biting and the beers up to expectations it'll be bliss :icon_drool2:

Haha, I won't rub it in but the snapper in Port Phillip bay are indeed out in force. Sounds like you guys have a nice view off the top of the brewery.

6 guys on our boat picked up about 9 snapper - all good size, taken off Carrum. One smaller one thrown back, along with two rock cod also sent back to the water, and heaps of annoying orange starfishes (which we put in a bucket - they're the ones that grab onto freighters and hitch a ride).

One guy caught a 4kg Snapper, another a 3.5 and another a 3kg. All were picked up before change of tide right on daybreak at around 5.45am. The fish seem to like to get up early! Once the sun was right up, they weren't as active.

If you can I would definately get out there in the next 4-6 weeks and chase the pinkies. They are there!

Cheers & Beers,

Hopper.

Edit - typo

Haha, I won't rub it in but the snapper in Port Phillip bay are indeed out in force. Sounds like you guys have a nice view off the top of the brewery.

6 guys on our boat picked up about 9 snapper - all good size, taken off Carrum. One smaller one thrown back, along with two rock cod also sent back to the water, and heaps of annoying orange starfishes (which we put in a bucket - they're the ones that grab onto freighters and hitch a ride).

One guy caught a 4kg Snapper, another a 3.5 and another a 3kg. All were picked up before change of tide right on daybreak at around 5.45am. The fish seem to like to get up early! Once the sun was right up, they weren't as active.

If you can I would definately get out there in the next 4-6 weeks and chase the pinkies. They are there!

Cheers & Beers,

Hopper.

Edit - typo

I heard the bay has a good pinkie season, do you get much off the beach?? my boat's in SA (share it with my uncle). The last few years I been doing alot of fishing in south Tas, around brunie island, mobs of fish!! must be the water :icon_drunk: best fish to date is a 10kg jewie off Kalbarri in the west, that trip i got another smaller jewie, about 5 massive snapper and was throwing the red emperor back! awesome trip!!! I had a drum of Lc's pale for after too :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers: (was brewing there at the time)

[OFF TOPIC]
ahhhhh got a charter booked with reel time charters (mattr cini) for next weekend 28th!!!!!!!! have been waiting over a year for this charter. should be good by the looks of his reports.[/OFF TOPIC]

I heard the bay has a good pinkie season, do you get much off the beach?? my boat's in SA (share it with my uncle). The last few years I been doing alot of fishing in south Tas, around brunie island, mobs of fish!! must be the water :icon_drunk: best fish to date is a 10kg jewie off Kalbarri in the west, that trip i got another smaller jewie, about 5 massive snapper and was throwing the red emperor back! awesome trip!!! I had a drum of Lc's pale for after too :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers: (was brewing there at the time)

Boats are the way to go for snapper as they like the edges of reefs. Beach fishing is good around the bay and piers too though haven't done any recently. I hear that the numbers of whiting coming up will be quite good. Delicious eating fish, but tricky to catch sometimes. Plenty of Flathead out there as always.

Just checked the website - looks like still no beer on. You guys must be grumpy as all hell! :angry: This would be getting into peak time for you to sell the fizzy brown stuff!

Hopper.

It's been a bloody long haul!!! And the tempers is getting a little frayed around the place, but we're all also really excited about the future and potential of True South, and I think that keeps the smile on our faces :) We have a great team here and when the doors are open and were cranking, it'll make up for all the frustration suffered thus far. (does that sound like I'm trying to convince myself :blink: )

It's been a bloody long haul!!! And the tempers is getting a little frayed around the place, but we're all also really excited about the future and potential of True South, and I think that keeps the smile on our faces :) We have a great team here and when the doors are open and were cranking, it'll make up for all the frustration suffered thus far. (does that sound like I'm trying to convince myself :blink: )

Credit has to be given to the staff at True South. If they got a dollar for everytime they were asked about the licence, they would be very well off.

But every time I've been in there, I always get friendly service. And every time I ask the question, I get a smile and "hopefully next week".

Very fustrating considering there isn't really any good places in Black Rock for a drink.

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! WE'VE GOT OUR LICENSE :D The amber liquid will finally be flowing :beer:.

We'll be officially open tomorrow from 10am till late and Saturday & Sunday 8am till late, I'll be around so make sure you say G'day when you pop in!!!

YAY!!!

Cheers Sam (a happy brewer :D )

Bloody Fantastic news Sam, look forward to dropping in for a bevie soon!

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! WE'VE GOT OUR LICENSE :D The amber liquid will finally be flowing :beer: .

We'll be officially open tomorrow from 10am till late and Saturday & Sunday 8am till late, I'll be around so make sure you say G'day when you pop in!!!

YAY!!!

Cheers Sam (a happy brewer :D )

Well done Sam and team... awesome result!!

congratulations (at last) :icon_chickcheers:

I only wish the beer was available tonight as it's my housemates birthday and I'm sure I could convince him to go there for some drinks

Latest posts

Back