True South Brewery, Black Rock Vic

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I think the delay is more likely due to the boofheads beating the shit out of each other in the city.

On a brewing side of things, I'll be doing the first water brew tomorrow, then if all's well we'll have a little meet and greet session "mash tun meet malt" "malt meet mash tun" :D

Hi Sam,

Hope the bureaucratic fog clears soon. Will be down at the Chifley next week doing a similar familiarisation between malt and mash tun.

What is your address Sam in case I need some malt therapy...

Cheers,

Wes

No, I think the delay is more likely due to the boofheads beating the shit out of each other in the city.

On a brewing side of things, I'll be doing the first water brew tomorrow, then if all's well we'll have a little meet and greet session "mash tun meet malt" "malt meet mash tun" :D

Watch what you say about people on the internet. There are a few regulars on this forum that work in the Vic Gov...don't know any from DoJ, but you never know...

Watch what you say about people on the internet. There are a few regulars on this forum that work in the Vic Gov...don't know any from DoJ, but you never know...

I'm talking about the fights and voilence that's occurring around certain hot spots in and around the city, apologies if you thought otherwise.

Hi Sam,

Hope the bureaucratic fog clears soon. Will be down at the Chifley next week doing a similar familiarisation between malt and mash tun.

What is your address Sam in case I need some malt therapy...

Cheers,

Wes

Hi Wes,
Great to hear from you! I'd love to catch up if you get time, address 298 Beach rd, blackrock.
My phone number is still the same if you want to give me a bell.

There are a few regulars on this forum that work in the Vic Gov...don't know any from DoJ, but you never know...
;) there are arent there. bloody DSE slackers :p

Sam - I know quite a few DoJ people but no one in Liquor Licencing. So I cant be of use there. Although if you run into any issues in regards to health or food services/regulations etc shoot me a PM and i'll see what i can do to help out.

cant wait to try your beers

I'm talking about the fights and voilence that's occurring around certain hot spots in and around the city, apologies if you thought otherwise.

Ah, that makes sense! I read it as the bureaucrats beatin' around the bush :ph34r:

No drama mate. Will definately pop down and say g'day when you get the license.

;) there are arent there. bloody DSE slackers :p

Sam - I know quite a few DoJ people but no one in Liquor Licencing. So I cant be of use there. Although if you run into any issues in regards to health or food services/regulations etc shoot me a PM and i'll see what i can do to help out.

cant wait to try your beers

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Well, after being in labour for 7 hours, I finally gave birth to our first batch of beer!!! Everything went beautifully, the brew-house was an absolute dream and the wort was spot on spec the whole brew! :beer:
So now the little yeasties are getting acquainted with their new home and tomorrow Ill take the first gravity and see how fermentations going.

Still no new on our licence :(

Well, after being in labour for 7 hours, I finally gave birth to our first batch of beer!!! Everything went beautifully, the brew-house was an absolute dream and the wort was spot on spec the whole brew! :beer:
So now the little yeasties are getting acquainted with their new home and tomorrow Ill take the first gravity and see how fermentations going.

Still no new on our licence :(

Only 7 hours for the first labour, not a bad effort. Well done.

I drove past on Saturday and it was closed up.

that doesn't sound good... :unsure:

anyone else got an update?

Its open for breakfast and lunch at the moment (I had breakfast there on saturday). Might close up early arvo depending on the customer numbers.

They should also have the licence this week (cross fingers)

Its open for breakfast and lunch at the moment (I had breakfast there on saturday). Might close up early arvo depending on the customer numbers.

cheers

hopefully they dont have strippers....brumby upped the licence fee from $300 per year to $30,000!

On topic - good luck with the licence Sam. We are all dying to try the beers!

Back