Top Gear Aus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What did you think?

• Was Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Was Ok

• Was Crap

• Was so bad I wouldn't bother watching it again

• There is an Australian version?

• SBS...what is that...I just watch home & away and anything with Bert Newton in it.

• Total voters

pokolbinguy

The Pokolbin Brewhaus and Winery.
Reaction score
So who else thought Top gear Aus on SBS last night was extremely disappointing???

I wasn't expecting much so it was about what I thought it would be. It has got about three weeks to get it's self it's own identity or it will be road kill.

I thought it was a little too the same as Brit one.

I have DVDs of TGUK season 1 here on DVD, I was tempted to put that on instead.....

Too much of a carbon copy, a bad one at that.

agree but i reckon give it time. fire that old guy though, the other two can stay. i reckon they just have to sort it out and make it more australian. liked the test on the softies first up (crv driver here, pissed off they didnt choose that over the xtrail). porsches suck, the lambo was cool. who does everyone reckon the aussie stig is?

Yes its was a Clone of the UK version but it was OK

I thought it was ok considering it was the first show. Give the guys time to get into it. The first episode of top gear UK was not as good as it is today.

Thats my opinion anyway

Kabooby :)

It was always going to be some sort of clone.
I reckon the presenters were all too nervous and uptight, and just trying too hard. You can always tell that by the fact they talk too loud, talk way too fast, and laugh too much at their own jokes. They need to be told to r e l a x and s l o w it down.
And what's with not giving us the layout of the track they're using? At least they did that on the UK show some time ago. We have no way of figuring whether any particular drive is a good one or not.

Thought I would add a poll :p Just because you all love them :D

I thought it was a bit labuored but i will watch it again

They should have tried to make it different to the UK version (same set, same camera work, same style) needs a bit of a change

The hosts should mellow out a bit with time

Can we do 'Top Beer' instead?

What was with the Moke and the Shark cage? Are we trying to be to Aussie? Soft roaders are common aussie cars and next week Holden vs Falcon is OTT aussie as well. Hope this fades a bit and and we don't have to sit through interviews with John Williams, Paul Hogan or Rolph Harris.

After 3 or 4 weeks it has started to settle into a rythm. It is ok and better than not watching it.

Has anyone changed their mind about it?

It's slowly growing on me, that said, I am sitting here right now watching an episode of TGUK from season 6......

This is much more entertaining....

did,nt mind it (non petrol head) only watched the first episode because of the shark cage segment,
was down at the neptunes islands late last year and saw mr chompy (and his/her) mates.
tis why i gave up diving around here 20 yrs ago,cant swim with a wet suit full off you know what,you keep popping to the surface arse first. very worrying indeed.......cheers....spog..

it certainly has the potential, it is still brand new if you watch the very first seasons of TGUK they are ok but they had to replace one of the presenters cause he didn't fit in. so he got replaced with james may, and i think this will happen in the australian the presenter by the nickname of "wazza" just doesn't quite fit in with the other two or the show. replacing him would greatly improve on the show as a whole.

Latest posts

Back