Top Drops Easy Done.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivan Other One

Reaction score
Having just poured the first glass of a pilsener that is only four days kegged wasn't expecting too much but it is just tastes so bloody good i have to share it.

Was wondering if any other brewers have made a top drop with an easy recipe and quickly made?

This one is,,,,,,,,

Muntons Premium Pilsener,

600g dex
300g Light dry malt
300g Corn syrup (dry)
1 x teabag Saaz hops

Boiled all the dry powder in 2 litres of filtered water
added the can of goop and the hop bag and brought back to the boil for 2 mins then turned of the heat.
Threw the lot into fermenter and made up to the standard 23 litres

Was racked with 100 ml water/1 tea spoon gelatin, after ferment finished and then two days later kegged.

Due to beer shortage was forced to crack it tonight and the taste is good, very good with a nice aroma as well.

Cheers Ivan :icon_cheers:

Having just poured the first glass of a pilsener that is only four days kegged wasn't expecting too much but it is just tastes so bloody good i have to share it.

Was wondering if any other brewers have made a top drop with an easy recipe and quickly made?

This one is,,,,,,,,

Muntons Premium Pilsener,

600g dex
300g Light dry malt
300g Corn syrup (dry)
1 x teabag Saaz hops

Boiled all the dry powder in 2 litres of filtered water
added the can of goop and the hop bag and brought back to the boil for 2 mins then turned of the heat.
Threw the lot into fermenter and made up to the standard 23 litres

Was racked with 100 ml water/1 tea spoon gelatin, after ferment finished and then two days later kegged.

Due to beer shortage was forced to crack it tonight and the taste is good, very good with a nice aroma as well.

Ivan,

Thanks for that, sounds good.

How long did it take to ferment out?

Was it (whispers) a lager yeast or an ale yeast with the pack?

I haven't tried Muntons for yonks, may give it a go.

cheers
BB

Ivan,

Thanks for that, sounds good.

How long did it take to ferment out?

Was it (whispers) a lager yeast or an ale yeast with the pack?

I haven't tried Muntons for yonks, may give it a go.

cheers
BB

Hi BB,
Just used the yeast that came with the can, and the ferment took 8 days at 22C average, and then racked.

The fermenter sits in a nonworking fridge which helps to keep things clean. This will come in handy during our tropical summer when the average temp here can be about 28-30C, as can put some ice blocks in to keep ferment temp down.

BTW, LHBS up here sells what they call a goodies pack of dex, dcs, and LDME in thirds each, made up to 1kg, I have made my own to 1/2dex,1/4, 1/4 @ 4kg and just tumble mix the lot gently in a large tupperware container.

Have use a few muntons kits now, most are a little dearer than coopers but have always been happy with the results.

Was Still wondering if any other brewers have made a top drop with an easy recipe and quickly made?

Latest posts

Back