• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Third time lucky ginger beer

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Brugomiller

Reaction score
Ive brewed three ginger beers, first two were watery and horrible. My most recent batch I decided to do a bit of research first, stumbled across the powder keg recipe that was posted a while back. Just got it in the fermenter tonight, the recipe is as follows:

Morgan's ginger beer
1kg dextrose
300gm dark brown sugar
300gm light dry malt
300gm fresh ginger
1 Birdseye chilli
1 buderims ginger refresher
700ml sweet vermouth

Peeled ginger and the put in processor with chilli and vermouth, soaked for 24 hours. Boiled 4 litres of water, ginger/ vermouth and fermentables for 30minutes. Pitched US-04 - OG 1.040. Looking forward to see how it turns out in a couple of weeks, I’ve read good things!!!
image.jpg

Malted Mick

Reaction score
Looks good Brugo. I have been considering trying a ginger beer now I have got my brewhouse sorted. Like the idea of fresh chillie, never tried vermouth. Thats a cocktail base is it not!
Please let us know how it turns out.

Ferment8

Pro
Pro
Reaction score
I do this recipe regularly.
I use 500g ginger and 600ml vermonth (cinzano) and 600ml sweet sherry
I personally don't peel or boil the ginger. I just chuck it in the processor then soak it. I put the ginger and chili in a bag and in the fermenter. Love this drink. Usually have some on tap at all times. Out at the moment because the morgans kit has been impossible to buy around here for a few weeks. Hopefully arriving in stock today.

Edit: and i use the kit yeast with dry enzyme

Brugomiller

Reaction score
I tried it straight from the fermenter today, honestly, it’s more than I could have hoped for! Tastes similar to a ginger kid. Excellent!

Latest posts