Toowoomba Home Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benken25

Reaction score
Hello to all my fellow brewers. This is the first time I have used this forum and i look forward to reading through all the recipes and info. I am looking for fellow brewers in the Toowoomba area who would be interested in swapping a few brews, sharing tips and tricks or just having a few beers. i have been home brewing for about 2 years and all my mates like my beer but i would love to have some comments and advice from a fellow brewer. Thanks in advance :icon_chickcheers:
Ben

Welcome to the forum Ben, and cheers from a fellow Toowoomba brewer! :drinks: Are you brewing kits? Extract? AG?

Mearesy

Good on you Ben!

Good luck with getting everyone together.

Let me kow if you are ever in Ippy and looking for a beer!

thanks every one. Mearesy i have mainly been doing kits with hop aditions but my last few brews i have done one full extract and a couple of partial mash eventualy i want to get in to all grain but it all takes time. how about you. :drinks:
Ben

thanks every one. Mearesy i have mainly been doing kits with hop aditions but my last few brews i have done one full extract and a couple of partial mash eventualy i want to get in to all grain but it all takes time. how about you. :drinks:
Ben

Ben if you want to go AG then you have de man hisself living in your midst there in Toowoomba, RdeVjun (Ralph) is one of the founding fathers of the MaxiBIAB method - sounds mysterious but it basically means you can get into All Grain brewing with a polyester bag and a 20L pot and make full size great beers for minimal equipment outlay. Ralph has picked up awards for his beers.

He's away working AFAIK so possibly hasn't picked up your post, but he's a handy man to know in your area. :icon_cheers:

hi ben, new to this as well and are in toowoomba. only doing kits at the moment but biab looks interesting. something to look forward to in the future. still getting the set up fine tuned. would be interested in a meet and greet as well. learnt a lot already off this site, but to get together with a few with more experience brewers would be great.
scooza.

hi ben, new to this as well and are in toowoomba. only doing kits at the moment but biab looks interesting. something to look forward to in the future. still getting the set up fine tuned. would be interested in a meet and greet as well. learnt a lot already off this site, but to get together with a few with more experience brewers would be great.
scooza.

That brew in a bag sounds interesting i will have to invest in a bigger pot but. Scooza we will get something together soon any sugestions :icon_chickcheers:

yeah sounds good ben, where abouts are you? i'm out at wyreema. available most of the time. me brother is also brewing will let him know also.

Thanks Bribie! Yes, I'm in Toowoomba, only 3 or 4 days a week though and mostly around the weekends- I'm usually in the big smoke with work for the rest. Might be able to host an informal brewday, it is invariably All- Grain MaxiBIAB but also the occasional partial mash, can also look at or demo other topics. I'm not the only brewer in Toowoomba of course, but local brewers (or passers through for that matter) are welcome to lob around for a squiz at the bag at work plus observe some BIAB techniques :D , have a yarn and maybe try a few beers. Happy to be the local depot/ warehouse for bulk buys as well, the odd yeast slant and hops rhizome has been known to make tracks from here too, most folks usually leave with a freebie of one sort or another. :icon_cheers:

hi RdeVjun, would love to come and have a look/help on your next brew day. from all the reading and bribie g's report your knowledge would be most welcome in all aspects.
would be great to meet fellow brewers in the area.

No sweat scooza, we'll arrange something over the next few weekends. Dunno what I'm doing this one TBH, I'll be quite happy just to wake up in my own home for once- brewing may be a stretch! :icon_cheers:

that would be great, busy also this weekend. wife working, me baby sitting. will work something out.
if you are brewing one weekend and i can get there count me in. pm me

hey scooza i live in the newtown area but we could anywhere give me an inbox when ever it suits you. RdeVjun that sounds like a great idea i would love to see how it is done count me in. i planted a hop rhizome last spring i didnt get any flowers Hopfully this year do they grow well in toowoomba

Hey Ben, yeah they grow quite OK here, first year flower yield is invariably disappointing and sometimes beyond, so IMO they're a longer- term prospect. Sounds like we'll all have a bit of get together in the coming weeks, I'd better sharpen up my act! :icon_cheers:

sounds really good i cant wait i will have so many questions for you. hopefully i get a bit of a harvest this time around then. let me know what when you sort something out :icon_cheers:

Id be up for a brew day also guys. Happy to open my house for a venue. Ive been brewing AG for about 5 yrs now on a 3 vessel system..... but a 20L braumeister is on order! Happy to demo that for anyone interested once it arrives etc

Cheers Mearesy, more locals are coming out of the woodwork! Looking forward to seeing a BM in action! :icon_cheers:

I'll attempt to organise a brew day once she arrives and I know what I'm doing! :p

Hi Guys

I'm also a local and brew BIAB in a 40l urn - have had great advice and help from Ralph & Bribie. Ralph count me in on the brewday mate.

Cheers

Rob

Latest posts

Back